Hello from Orlando, FL

• HTML tutorial

OvrLnd4Runner

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Casselberry, Florida
Member #

Hey all! New member from Orlando Florida.

Just picked up my 99 4Runner 4x4 with factory e-locker 5 months ago. I've always had a yearning to explore but just kept thinking, i'll wait a few years, buy a Tacoma (i LOVE Tacos) and go explore and off-road. Well late last year my wife and i found ourselves wanting more adventure, so i started doing some research. That's when i found the gem that is my 3rd Gen 4Runner. I started the hunt and months later, i found EXACTLY what i wanted. 99, limited (i realllllly wanted the sunroof :p) 4x4 with multi mode (AWD on the fly) and factory e-locker. Previous owner had no idea what he had and i almost felt guilty as i counted out the bills.

I immediately began taking care of the known failure points, and needed maintenance on her. Within the first 3 months I spent almost as much as i paid for the truck in preventative maintenance! But i knew i wanted this truck to last, which I'm confident it will.

Overland Bound has provided me with invaluable information in my research on overlanding and i look forward to the adventures to come. Being new to 4 wheeling and overlanding in general makes me appreciate a community like this, where even a newbie can feel right at home.

Some pics from the day i picked her up

20180126_082231.jpg

And how she currently sits

DSC_0029.jpg DSC_0026.jpg

Attachments

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey all! New member from Orlando Florida.

Just picked up my 99 4Runner 4x4 with factory e-locker 5 months ago. I've always had a yearning to explore but just kept thinking, i'll wait a few years, buy a Tacoma (i LOVE Tacos) and go explore and off-road. Well late last year my wife and i found ourselves wanting more adventure, so i started doing some research. That's when i found the gem that is my 3rd Gen 4Runner. I started the hunt and months later, i found EXACTLY what i wanted. 99, limited (i realllllly wanted the sunroof :p) 4x4 with multi mode (AWD on the fly) and factory e-locker. Previous owner had no idea what he had and i almost felt guilty as i counted out the bills.

I immediately began taking care of the known failure points, and needed maintenance on her. Within the first 3 months I spent almost as much as i paid for the truck in preventative maintenance! But i knew i wanted this truck to last, which I'm confident it will.

Overland Bound has provided me with invaluable information in my research on overlanding and i look forward to the adventures to come. Being new to 4 wheeling and overlanding in general makes me appreciate a community like this, where even a newbie can feel right at home.

Some pics from the day i picked her up

View attachment 58711

And how she currently sits

View attachment 58713 View attachment 58714
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and adventures. Great set up. Just some friendly advice, that brush guard bumper you took off is better protection of your front end than none. Deer make a mess of plastics and grills. Even if it's not the right one for you. Your bank account and rig will thank you. Had a young deer camacaz the driver side front. Almost wiped out my fog light and cracked the bumper cover until I got my ARB bumper put on.