Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Griz
Last Name
Grzywa
Member #

My friends call me Griz, telemarketers call me Darin. I'm prior service, Army, been living in Colorado since 1998. I drive a 1992 Jeep Wrangler YJ, been freezing my tail off every year since 2003 when I quit buying full soft tops. I'm no expert at over-landing but old enough to think it's cool they came up with a name for it.

I spend most of my time in the woods or in the city teaching survival and firearms tactics along with some buddies from the good old days. We teach for free, taxpayers paid for our training so it's technically theirs anyway. So if you live in Colorado Springs, hit me up for more info. We post dates and times we will be out honing various skills (land navigation, communications, patrolling, outdoor survival, urban survival, convoy operations, self defense, weapons training, shooting drills.....) and just invite the public to join us to learn some skills to boost their confidence as well as responsible shooting habits.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Welcome to the forum! We’ve been planning a trip to Colorado for some time now, we’ll make it there sooner or later.

Reactions: Drengr

flash_gordon

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Pueblo, CO, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Wow, sounds awesome. I would love to tag along for something like that!

Greetings from Pueblo CO!!

SD

My friends call me Griz, telemarketers call me Darin. I'm prior service, Army, been living in Colorado since 1998. I drive a 1992 Jeep Wrangler YJ, been freezing my tail off every year since 2003 when I quit buying full soft tops. I'm no expert at over-landing but old enough to think it's cool they came up with a name for it.

I spend most of my time in the woods or in the city teaching survival and firearms tactics along with some buddies from the good old days. We teach for free, taxpayers paid for our training so it's technically theirs anyway. So if you live in Colorado Springs, hit me up for more info. We post dates and times we will be out honing various skills (land navigation, communications, patrolling, outdoor survival, urban survival, convoy operations, self defense, weapons training, shooting drills.....) and just invite the public to join us to learn some skills to boost their confidence as well as responsible shooting habits.

S

SubeeBen

Griz, Welcome from San Diego Ca. You live in a beautiful my friend. Hope you enjoy OLB & thank you very much for your service & our freedom. Good luck & Happy trails.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Griz

Welcome to the adventure. Awesome skill set even better that you teach it! Look forward to seeing ya around.

Boort

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello Griz and welcome to the OB crew...look forward to seeing your Jeep and your adventures. Thank you for your service and your sacrifice. Nice that your paying it forward. Hopefully see you at the first annual Rocky Mountain overland RALLY.

Drengr

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Griz
Last Name
Grzywa
Member #

Hello Griz and welcome to the OB crew...look forward to seeing your Jeep and your adventures. Thank you for your service and your sacrifice. Nice that your paying it forward. Hopefully see you at the first annual Rocky Mountain overland RALLY.
Is that the Rally in Gunnison this August? If so, I will be there.

We are doing a "Bug Out Simulation" in late August from Colorado Springs to Utah where some friends own a shoot house . We are simulating people bugging out after a SHTF situation. We'll be teaching classes on land Nav, convoy operations, vehicle recovery, leave no trace, camp security etc. Gives folks who are into that sort of thing to put their vehicles to test .We got law enforcement involvement, some film crews using it for a short film. It should be fun.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Drengr

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Griz
Last Name
Grzywa
Member #

Wow, sounds awesome. I would love to tag along for something like that!

Greetings from Pueblo CO!!

SD
Hey neighbor! We're working on our Feb schedule this week, I will send you a copy of our schedule. We will be doing a lot of video through May, so covering a lot of material and you can be a star if you want. I brought a younger Ranger on and he's all about social media for the business. Whatever.

Reactions: flash_gordon

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

I will message here on the forum.

flash_gordon

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Pueblo, CO, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Hey neighbor! We're working on our Feb schedule this week, I will send you a copy of our schedule. We will be doing a lot of video through May, so covering a lot of material and you can be a star if you want. I brought a younger Ranger on and he's all about social media for the business. Whatever.
I am very interested!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

Welcome Griz! We're glad to have you on board!

M

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Is that the Rally in Gunnison this August? If so, I will be there.

We are doing a "Bug Out Simulation" in late August from Colorado Springs to Utah where some friends own a shoot house . We are simulating people bugging out after a SHTF situation. We'll be teaching classes on land Nav, convoy operations, vehicle recovery, leave no trace, camp security etc. Gives folks who are into that sort of thing to put their vehicles to test .We got law enforcement involvement, some film crews using it for a short film. It should be fun.
Yes....that is the one. Make sure we get together. That sounds like a blast. Look forward to meeting you.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I'll look forward to seeing you there also!
I'll look forward to seeing you there also!
If you can , there are other Rally's including the one up in Plain Wa. I'll be attending it also. Had a blast last year.

NW OVERLAND RALLY
BC OVERLAND RALLY
ROCKY MOUNTAIN OVERLAND RALLY
REGISTRATION IS OPEN EVERYONE!!!

Hello! You're receiving this email because either you've attended an Overland Rally in the past, or you've asked to be kept up-to-date. We promise not to send you too many emails, but if you'd rather not get any morelike this, just let us know. Now that that's out of the way, we wanted to let you know that we have opened registration for all three of our 2019 events.

The NW Overland Rally inPlain WA is June 20 - 23 (just after most public schools break for summer). The BC Overland Rally is so popular that this year we are moving the event to Whistler BC! It's the following weekend, June 27-30. Our newest show, the Rocky Mountain Overland Rally is Aug 1-4, in scenic Gunnison CO, on a beautiful ranch surrounded by trails, mountains, history, and wide open spaces.

If you register for all three during the early-bird period (until March 31st), not only will you save on every show, we will take an additional $30 ($60 for a couple/family) off the total. Just email us after you've registered for all three and we will refund the discount. We are calling this our Triple Crown discount.

Information and registration options are available on the event websites:
www.nwoverlandrally.com
www.bcoverlandrally.com
www.rockymountainoverlandrally.com
We do hope to see you at one of the events, and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send us an email,
The NWOR email isnwoverlandrally@gmail.com
The BCOR email isbcoverlandrally@gmail.com
The RMOR email isrockymountainoverlandrally@gmail.com
or give us a call at (604) 889-2169.

Thank you, from the whole Overland Ralliesteam!

Chris H

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Member #

Hey Griz,
I just moved to CO Springs, former service member myself, now GS. Would love to meet-up with you guys and get to learning. I was Air Force so we don’t really know what land nav is. [emoji16]

Look forward to meeting ya,
Chris

Reactions: Nickzero and Drengr

Drengr

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Griz
Last Name
Grzywa
Member #

Hey Griz,
I just moved to CO Springs, former service member myself, now GS. Would love to meet-up with you guys and get to learning. I was Air Force so we don’t really know what land nav is. [emoji16]

Look forward to meeting ya,
Chris
Chris,

We would love to have you you come out and train with us. I tell people it's not about the odds of you ever needing these skills, it's having these skills will make you more confident in a crisis because you feel prepared. Panic and uncertainty cause people to freeze and say "this can't be happening!". The more events you are prepared for increases your reaction time and that's what saves your life, not just the skills themselves. Land Nav is one of the biggest reasons we teach for free. Colorado forests are mostly all owned by BLM which restricts classes being taught for profit without a permit so we just don't charge for classes. If you want to do a proper Land Navigation course you need 300m - 1200m between points. Terrain is important also because we teach route planning and how to tactically move from one point to the other. Too many courses just teach you to go straight line without showing you how to identify terrain features to plan a route effectively.

If we can teach you to the point where you can teach it to others, mission accomplished.