Hello from Central Texas

• HTML tutorial

Dustin Mulligan

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello to you, from southern Nevada. I have recently moved to a Tundra and was wondering how your build was going. I have a couple of ideas, but I am completely new to Overland with the exception of many years of camping, backpacking and hunting. It's quite a bit just sitting down to plan, even where to start. I was planning to start with the bed of the truck and setting up for a truck bed tent with a rat pack storage in the bed for my base storage. after that I am not sure....

Reactions: eagle98ak

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello everyone I am a new member from central Texas. Driving and slowly building a 2016 Toyota Tundra SR5. While I have very little overlanding experience I do have many years of camping and backpacking experience when I was younger. I am planning an epic 90 day adventure for the summer of 2019.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew.....looking forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

eagle98ak

Rank 0

Traveler I

DSC_0070.JPG DSC_0074.JPG DSC_0081.JPG
Hello to you, from southern Nevada. I have recently moved to a Tundra and was wondering how your build was going. I have a couple of ideas, but I am completely new to Overland with the exception of many years of camping, backpacking and hunting. It's quite a bit just sitting down to plan, even where to start. I was planning to start with the bed of the truck and setting up for a truck bed tent with a rat pack storage in the bed for my base storage. after that I am not sure....
My build is pretty early on, but I do have a rough plan. Right now I have a Metaltech front bumper with a 12k Smittybuilt winch, an Spod to control the light bar that came with the bumper, SDHQ sliders, Voodoo bed cross bars, and finally I am also in the process of building a custom bed organizer/slide. I do plan on starting a build thread soon.

Dustin Mulligan

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

View attachment 63731 View attachment 63732 View attachment 63733

My build is pretty early on, but I do have a rough plan. Right now I have a Metaltech front bumper with a 12k Smittybuilt winch, an Spod to control the light bar that came with the bumper, SDHQ sliders, Voodoo bed cross bars, and finally I am also in the process of building a custom bed organizer/slide. I do plan on starting a build thread soon.
Looks like more than just a great start. Look forward to seeing the slide completed, I will update as I start my adds and work through the build. I was considering a warn 12k winch, have you had a need for the Smittybuilt yet or in the past?

eagle98ak

Rank 0

Traveler I

Looks like more than just a great start. Look forward to seeing the slide completed, I will update as I start my adds and work through the build. I was considering a warn 12k winch, have you had a need for the Smittybuilt yet or in the past?
So far I have not had a need for the Smittybuilt, but I have not done any real offroading with this truck yet. A RTT and skids are my next priority.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone I am a new member from central Texas. Driving and slowly building a 2016 Toyota Tundra SR5. While I have very little overlanding experience I do have many years of camping and backpacking experience when I was younger. I am planning an epic 90 day adventure for the summer of 2019.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you. If you cant find one and want to start a new meet-up I am here to help.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

DslDad13

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Goodlettsville, TN, USA
Member #

Mike&Amy.... glad to see someone from my neck o’the woods, I’m from Waco but live close to Nashville now, I would love to have my troop down there for some fun rides thru the hill country, if you know your way around I’m sure you can find some trails around mcgregor or gatesville, also west of ft hood.... just watch out for mesquites though, they will destroy your tires.

NOTYO TACO

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Baird, Tx
Member #

Thanks, I was stationed at Fort Hood for 4 years n the 90's. I live a little further west though near Abilene. If your ever down with your troop and need a place to bivy for the night near Abilene let me know we have plenty of open land.