Hello from Alaska

• HTML tutorial

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello everyone! My wife and I are joining from Anchorage, AK.
We just bought a 1977 Blazer Chalet after trying a lot of searching. It is currently in Oregon at family's, and we plan to work on it over the winter and drive it up next year.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Rig. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Reactions: Chalet0661

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! My wife and I are joining from Anchorage, AK.
We just bought a 1977 Blazer Chalet after trying a lot of searching. It is currently in Oregon at family's, and we plan to work on it over the winter and drive it up next year.
Welcome to Overland Bound! Check the meet-up page to see what meet-ups are in your area, if you cant find one I can help you get one started.
If you have any questions message me on the forum at Kent R.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi Chalet0661 and welcome to Overland Bound. There are a few members in your area and the number keeps growing every week. Take a look at the NorthWest (AK WA ID CO) forum, as I know there were a couple posts there from members looking to find other Alaskans.

Chalet0661

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Anchorage, Alaska
Member #

Thanks everyone! We are really excited. Usually I love to work on stuff. To me building something is more fun than using it but not in this case. Can't wait to get out there!

BrianBraski

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

I am moving to Wasilla/Palmer area for a few years for work and fortunately my company is shipping my truck up there for me and I would love to let to know how you all do it up there since I am coming from Texas I will need some help.

BrianBraski

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

I know it is far out but it is a good heads up. There is a 4x4 meet up June 14 and 15 in Wasilla. It has a Facebook page for tickets
2019 Alaska 4x4 Meet and Greet.

I just made it up here not long ago and would love to catch up sometime with the other members up here.

Reactions: Chadlyb