Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Thomaston, GA, United States
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Artese
Member #

Just got an 08' Jeep XK, sport. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here. Experienced outdoorsman and explorer for many years. The long list of mods have already started. There's so much to do ...View attachment 42643View attachment 42644
Welcome to overland bound hope you enjoy it find everything your looming for are you close to Thomaston at all ?

#TRD #Rav4

Rangervinny

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Vince
Last Name
Artese
Member #

Indeed, we will. Know it's kind of hilly up in your area. Aware of any trail system in your area ?
I'm still learning the area since me and my wife moved here last year we have big lazer wma it has some great camping and fishing and some Forrest service roads that might be worth hitting if your up to it also high falls state park has great hiking trails of that's somthing you might like to do as well ?

Gotowork

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Perry, Ga. USA
Member #

I'm still learning the area since me and my wife moved here last year we have big lazer wma it has some great camping and fishing and some Forrest service roads that might be worth hitting if your up to it also high falls state park has great hiking trails of that's somthing you might like to do as well ?
Not familiar with that WMA. Sounds like it maybe worth checking out. High Falls SP has some decent hiking trails along the river. A very popular area. Has a tendency to be crowded during the summer.

Reactions: Rangervinny

Rangervinny

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Vince
Last Name
Artese
Member #

Not familiar with that WMA. Sounds like it maybe worth checking out. High Falls SP has some decent hiking trails along the river. A very popular area. Has a tendency to be crowded during the summer.
Let's set somthing up for after the new year to go to the wma and check the trails out

#TRD #Rav4

Reactions: Gotowork

Eric Neal

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Atlanta, GA
Member #

Welcome on board. After years of hunting, camping, and exploring from Stockbridge to below Macon we moved back to northern ATL and have become avid NE Georgia, NC, TN travelers.

Would love to meet up but since my wife and I are on a 6 week trip (mostly overlanding) in the desert we'll have to get back in touch in February or later.

We just put in a taverse of Southern AZ and later next week we're heading to Death Valley for a week then back south to run the Mojave Rd before driving over to Sedona, AZ.

Gotowork

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Perry, Ga. USA
Member #

That area is where I started adventure traveling and exploring almost 30 years ago. Lived in Az. and Ca. So got to travel much of the area west of the rockies. Some of my favorite places on earth.

Danny Frazier

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Dawsonville, GA
First Name
Danny
Last Name
FRAZIER
Member #

Service Branch
US Air Force, US Arm
Hello fellow Georgian. I'm looking for some folks who have run or wish to run the Georgia Traverse. Let me know if you're interested.