Member III

Rockingham, Western Australia, Australia
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Fehlauer
Member #

Hi all,

Thought I would share some images from two recent trips I led to the Helena and Aurora Ranges in Western Australia.

The ranges are located about 450 km north-east of Perth on the edges of the Eastern Wheatbelt and the Goldfields Regions of Western Australia.

This is wonderful country to visit and I just love visiting it - it is remote country and you have to be well prepared.

Both the trips were fantastic and full of minor dramas but overall they were great fun.

I hope you enjoy the photos - if someone can advise me how to upload word documents I have written two stories about it for my Four Wheel Drive Club and I can upload them so everyone can read.

Karl

Lunch stop and airing down at the start point at Koolyanobbing (yes that is it's name)

2019-03-02 4WD - 001-Edit.jpg

The views to the west from Bungalbin Hill
2019-03-02 4WD - 030-Edit.jpg

2019-03-02 4WD - 042-Edit.jpg

Under a starry sky

2019-03-02 4WD - 052-Edit.jpg

The remains of an old miners house

2019-03-03 4WD - 064-Edit.jpg

Morning tea stop

2019-03-03 4WD - 068-Edit.jpg

Nomad164

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Karl
Last Name
Fehlauer
Member #

Part 2

The ruins of the Mount Jackson Homestead

2019-03-03 4WD - 072-Edit.jpg

2019-03-03 Drone 001-Edit.jpg

2019-03-03 Drone 007-Edit.jpg

View of the Helena and Aurora Ranges looking east

2019-06-02 Drone 006-Pano-Edit.jpg

Marda Dam - one of the few water sources for many kilometres

2019-06-02 Drone 011-Edit.jpg

Campsite at Baladjie Rock

2019-06-02 Nightscape - 009-Edit.jpg

Baladjie Rock in the morning light

2019-06-03 Landscape - 015-Pano-Edit.jpg

Reactions: Scott Murray

Scott Murray

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Leinster WA, Australia
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Very nice, this is on my list of places to explore. I have done some but that was over 10 years ago...
Early December we are heading to Alexander Bay for a relaxing beach camp and fish.

Nomad164

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Karl
Last Name
Fehlauer
Member #

I was involved in the creation of CampingWA with Chris and Kathy. I still even have the old shirts that we made.
I thought I recognised the name :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

I think we went camping with Dave, John Humphries and a couple of others one year down at Kilcarnup - I had a 80 Series and a Downunder Campertrailer.

Sort of lost contact with everyone - I visit the FB page occasionally but don't post much on it anymore.

Karl

Scott Murray

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Leinster WA, Australia
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Murray
Member #

I thought I recognised the name :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

I think we went camping with Dave, John Humphries and a couple of others one year down at Kilcarnup - I had a 80 Series and a Downunder Campertrailer.

Sort of lost contact with everyone - I visit the FB page occasionally but don't post much on it anymore.

Karl
I think we possibly did, I would have the photos somewhere I am sure. I would have had a 2006 Nissan Patrol maybe or Holden Jackaroo, cannot remember to be honest.
I did not even know there was a FB page haha.

Scott Murray

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Leinster WA, Australia
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Murray
Member #

I am not sure if I have any - I am really into my photography these days but wasn't so much back then.

Karl
I have always been into photography, but not sure where I stored those ones from back then. They may be on an old HDD as I cannot find them on Photobucket and that goes back to 2004.

Scott Murray

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Leinster WA, Australia
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Nah - that's not mine - I had a maroon coloured 80 Series; however, I did do one of the Nannup trips.

Karl
Ah ok, I do not have any online. But maybe I do on a HDD somewhere. I will have to have a look when I get back Tuesday.

Also which 4wd club are you with now?

Nomad164

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Karl
Last Name
Fehlauer
Member #

I am th
Ah ok, I do not have any online. But maybe I do on a HDD somewhere. I will have to have a look when I get back Tuesday.

Also which 4wd club are you with now?
I am the President of the Four Wheel Drive Club of WA - it is a great club.

Next weekend we are heading up to Mogumber where we have access to a property for a damper cook up competition - I am just going for the food :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Karl

Scott Murray

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Leinster WA, Australia
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Murray
Member #

I am th

Next weekend we are heading up to Mogumber where we have access to a property for a damper cook up competition - I am just going for the food :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Karl
I will look at your club.
We will be moving out to a remote location in WA soon so not sure if it's going to be beneficial for us in the short term. I have heard great things about FWD club of WA.

Reactions: Nomad164

Scott Murray

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Leinster WA, Australia
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Murray
Member #

I am th

Karl
Sounds like alot of fun, on my partners birthday I cooked her up a mixed berry damper and it tasted awesome if I do say so myself.

Reactions: Nomad164