Have to get car sticker glue of vehicle??

• HTML tutorial

SnookSniper

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Seminole, FL, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Herman
Member #

I’ve had good luck with lighter fluid. I use the kind of Zippo lighters, but any kind would probably work.

Be careful not to apply it to decals you want to keep. It sounds simple, but it tends to run down the side of the vehicle. Just have a paper towel ready to catch any excess.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I assume you mean off the painted surface. Goo Gone/Goof Off/Oops usually works. Just make sure you don't get the kind designed to remove paint. Another trick I've used when removing emblems is a hair dryer set on high. It will make the adhesive soft and you can roll it off.

Patman

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast III

Hollister, Ca
First Name
Patrik
Last Name
Hultin
Member #

Peanut butter. No BS. Rub it on heavy, let it sit, wipe it off

Cypress

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Goose Creek, SC, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJY639
I just stripped all the vinyl signage off of 3 company vehicles so I could sell them. The best by far are the 3M Eraser Wheel and the 3M Adhesive Remover. Nothing else is even a close second.

/thread

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

I assume you mean off the painted surface. Goo Gone/Goof Off/Oops usually works. Just make sure you don't get the kind designed to remove paint. Another trick I've used when removing emblems is a hair dryer set on high. It will make the adhesive soft and you can roll it off.
Be careful with Goof Off as it will strip the clear coat pretty easily. Goo Gone will not. I have no experience with Oops. I agree that the hair dryer is the best method. I've used it many times and it works well. WD40 also works well.

Reactions: roots66

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Nitromethane works best.