Have a vanity license plate? Let's see it!

• HTML tutorial

bawesomfels

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Ockenfels
Member #

Service Branch
Army
My old XJ. Obviously 2SPOOKY4ME won't fit and 2SPOOKY was taken so I made do.
12746408_1254688757878544_548101018_n.jpg

Reactions: 64Trvlr

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Not sure I'd overland in thet ^^^ but they are amazing cars.
We looked at the Outback but saved the money and settled on the Legacy 3.6R.

First heavy winter snowfall. Brand new winter grips. Sunday, 6am. Turn onto main street. 6" of fresh snow.
PIN IT !! Zero wheelspin but suck you into the seat acceleration.
2 short blocks later, look at the speedo.... 80mph.

Amazing drivers cars. It was nothing to drive 1000 miles a day.
I love the colour of yer Outback too.

Very cool name too, not a GT or a TRD but a 3.6 Arrrgh.
66a2c21444be30daf1060cd627bac0e8.jpg

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Not sure I'd overland in thet ^^^ but they are amazing cars.
We looked at the Outback but saved the money and settled on the Legacy 3.6R.

First heavy winter snowfall. Brand new winter grips. Sunday, 6am. Turn onto main street. 6" of fresh snow.
PIN IT !! Zero wheelspin but suck you into the seat acceleration.
2 short blocks later, look at the speedo.... 80mph.

Amazing drivers cars. It was nothing to drive 1000 miles a day.
I love the colour of yer Outback too.

Very cool name too, not a GT or a TRD but a 3.6 Arrrgh.
View attachment 104639
My first Subaru was a 2009 Legacy GT Spec_B. It was awesome & a great car, but made for the street. After that I had an 2011 Impreza 5-door, then a 2017 Outback 2.5i & now a 2019 Outback 3.6R.

W/ the 2” lift, 29.5” AT tires, Bilstein Shocks/Struts, RalliTek springs in the front, King springs on the rear, upgraded sway bars, Primitive skid plates, Rally Innovations bull bar & Thule crossbars and roof basket - it makes a pretty beast of a machine for a daily driver/overlander. It has just under 14” of ground clearance. For daily driving, it is the Touring model so it has all the nice bells & whistles like the high end leather seats, EyeSight driver assist stuff, big infotainment screen, quiet cabin, etc. For overlanding, the symmetrical AWD is great, but it also has X-Mode which is Subaru’s own version of a simulated low-range, hill ascent/descent control, active torque vectoring, a ton of storage space, no problem towing my boat when needed, the boxer engine keeps a low center of gravity & it has a great turning radius. All-in-all it is a pretty awesome overland machine.

Don’t underestimate the ‘Roo. I considered several different rigs, but after owning 3 other Subaru’s & reading the story of the dude who conquered Moab in a lightly modified Legacy a few years ago, I knew the Outback could be built into a rig for getting me around my stomping grounds of Appalachia w/o a problem. I just passed 6k miles on the odometer & I’ve put it through a lot of trails w/o a problem coming up yet.

For reference, here is an article about the guy tackling Moab in his Legacy.

ovrlndr

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Broom
Member #

My first Subaru was a 2009 Legacy GT Spec_B. It was awesome & a great car, but made for the street. After that I had an 2011 Impreza 5-door, then a 2017 Outback 2.5i & now a 2019 Outback 3.6R.

W/ the 2” lift, 29.5” AT tires, Bilstein Shocks/Struts, RalliTek springs in the front, King springs on the rear, upgraded sway bars, Primitive skid plates, Rally Innovations bull bar & Thule crossbars and roof basket - it makes a pretty beast of a machine for a daily driver/overlander. It has just under 14” of ground clearance. For daily driving, it is the Touring model so it has all the nice bells & whistles like the high end leather seats, EyeSight driver assist stuff, big infotainment screen, quiet cabin, etc. For overlanding, the symmetrical AWD is great, but it also has X-Mode which is Subaru’s own version of a simulated low-range, hill ascent/descent control, active torque vectoring, a ton of storage space, no problem towing my boat when needed, the boxer engine keeps a low center of gravity & it has a great turning radius. All-in-all it is a pretty awesome overland machine.

Don’t underestimate the ‘Roo. I considered several different rigs, but after owning 3 other Subaru’s & reading the story of the dude who conquered Moab in a lightly modified Legacy a few years ago, I knew the Outback could be built into a rig for getting me around my stomping grounds of Appalachia w/o a problem. I just passed 6k miles on the odometer & I’ve put it through a lot of trails w/o a problem coming up yet.

For reference, here is an article about the guy tackling Moab in his Legacy.
I’m sorry - while it doesn’t matter what you drive - the tagline of that article is an absolute farce, especially in the context of Moab.

“This lightly-modded Subaru does everything you'd ask of a Wrangler, and looks awesome doing it.”

Im surprised R&T even allowed the writer to run with such a line.

Sure, you might be able to do Hell’s Revenge in that thing - it was done in a Crown Vic some years ago - but Hell’s is EZPZ as it is mainly undulating slickrock where you have all the traction in the world; but almost anything else in Moab that a Wrangler would do with ease, there’s no way that Subaru is tackling.

Metal Masher, Steel Bender, Moab Rim, Poison Spider, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim... the list goes on.

It doesn’t matter what you drive... It does matter where you drive it.