Has anyone run the NEBDR between Woodsville & Campton, NH??

• HTML tutorial

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

I'm looking to finish the NEBDR section 6 this spring then start into section 5 (VT).

First curious if any can commit on the roads? Then is anyone else interested?

Intent this summer is to complete the NEBDR and hopefully venture a bit in PA.

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

I've run the Eastern half of section 6 and had no issues at all with my F150. I'm lifted an 1" from stock...

The western half of 6 & and any points further I have not seen, yet figure it's about the same.. I ran about half the MABDR last summer and passed on only a few sections mainly due to length of the section and being solo.

I'll post some dates and .gpx as we get closer. Probably post an event for it. Wish to do this after the spring rains and the trails are drier.

Reactions: Bostongal62

Bostongal62

Rank IV

Member II

Newport, NH, USA
First Name
Lisa
Last Name
Clivio
Member #

I’m interested in doing all of New England and possibly NY eventually. I am new to off roading so it would be great to have company. I’ve car camped, kayak camped and backpacked so being in the backcountry is not new to me but off roading is.

I’m also interested in doing the Puppy Dog Trail so looking to see if anyone else is interested in that too.

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

I’m interested in doing all of New England and possibly NY eventually. I am new to off roading so it would be great to have company. I’ve car camped, kayak camped and backpacked so being in the backcountry is not new to me but off roading is.

I’m also interested in doing the Puppy Dog Trail so looking to see if anyone else is interested in that too.
Lots to explore in VT! The PDT I hear is mostly dirt and not technical. I have the .gpx for the 2018 route. You have the files for the earlier version (2012 I think)? I believe you can make a loop with both!

Reactions: Bostongal62

Bostongal62

Rank IV

Member II

Newport, NH, USA
First Name
Lisa
Last Name
Clivio
Member #

What is the puppy dog trail ?
It’s a motorcycle trail in VT that runs the length of the state. I happened upon it by accident. You can google it to get the details. You can also do it with a vehicle I believe too. At least I hope you can because I don’t own a motorcycle.

Reactions: RJ Howell

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

It’s a motorcycle trail in VT that runs the length of the state. I happened upon it by accident. You can google it to get the details. You can also do it with a vehicle I believe too. At least I hope you can because I don’t own a motorcycle.
What I've read you don't even need 4x4 for it. I figure to overlay the NEBDR VT sections with the PDT for I figure it overlaps in a few spots. Much like both the Flatlander & Hamster routes do in NH.

Still curious which version of the PDT you have?

Bostongal62

Rank IV

Member II

Newport, NH, USA
First Name
Lisa
Last Name
Clivio
Member #

Well they combine less than I thought, cool! Could make for a nice loop run in VT. The black route showing is one of mine.. New Boston to Washington, NH by dirt (mostly).

I live not too far from Washington in Newport. I hiked through Washington on the Monadnock-Sunapee Greeway a lot of it was on dirt roads. I’ll have to check the route to see if it overlaps.

View attachment 224861
j

Last edited: