Has anyone attached legs to a hitch cargo carrier?

• HTML tutorial

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Not trying to hijack - but I definitely need a set of those levelers.

Back on subject - if you can weld, a piece of tubing on each corner and corresponding tubes that fit in would be the ticket -- then use those levelers on them :)
That's where I would go as well. I have a Camp Chef Dutch Oven table that has legs that can be removed. I believe you can buy replacement legs as well. I'd weld a round piece of tube sized to fit the legs onto the under-side of the four corners of the hitch shelf then just plug the legs into the tubes when I want to use the carrier as a table. Those leg levelers are a great addition. I have them on my DO table as well. They make a difference on uneven ground... Your idea works well for you as well! I love the multi-use aspect of the carrier as a table... thanks for sharing.

Reactions: 9Mike2

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
old post, but for anyone who likes the hitch mount cargo rack, get one that swings out and it can be used as a table, etc without having to remove it from the receiver. i use mine with a deck system i built for the tundra and i swing the rack away, drop the tailgate and i have a work area next to me as well as the ice chest right next to me as i cook on the tailgate. quick and easy with nothing to move or set up. i bought the swing-away carrier new for $300....

View attachment 211106

View attachment 211107

they are pretty heave to use a portable table. i guess if i had to mount legs, i would use 1/2" pipe flanges screws at the corners and then use threaded pipe as the legs so i could remove them easily and store the legs behind the seat or somewhere out of the way...
Where did you source the swing away hitch?

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Thank you for the inspiration, going to build a kitchenette on my carrier and will do something like this but will add a way to use wheels on one side when legs down. So can move around camp.
Another great idea... like the wheels from an old grill. I dig it!

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines