• HTML tutorial

harv3589

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Alberta, Canada
Member #

Maybe you can enlighten me..

I realize that these things are tough and really cool, being old military and all.

But people go through so much trouble to find them, and spend so much to get them.

Why not just buy an axle and put a box on it? Whats so special about these?

Im just curious thats all. Thanks!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Overland Bound Talk mobile app
I think part of it is the fact u could pick them up cheap and made for an easy build. That's since changed with them becoming more popular.

Another thing thing is that they are built tough and to build the same thing would be a lot of work and money. The Canadian ones are all reinforced on the corners unlike the similar US ones so they are really tough.

There is just something cool about building one off of an old military trailer as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

rustED

Rank 0

Traveler I

Great work so far your trailer is looking awesome! Also nice to get some info on some of the differences in models between the U S and Canadian built military trailer, thanks for posting!

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

I think part of it is the fact u could pick them up cheap and made for an easy build. That's since changed with them becoming more popular.

Another thing thing is that they are built tough and to build the same thing would be a lot of work and money. The Canadian ones are all reinforced on the corners unlike the similar US ones so they are really tough.

There is just something cool about building one off of an old military trailer as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk
Also, for those of us that lack the skills and equipment to build a box, the trailer makes a great starting off pont to build on.

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hey buddy, do you by any chance know a replacement for the leaf spring, or where to buy one?
@Tommygunz the CDN 101 is built in the same style as the M416 and bantam T3C they use the suspension from a jeep 3b. I got my replacement leaf springs from quadratic

Tommygunz

Rank I

Contributor III

Hamilton, ON, Canada
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Mcnair
Member #

I’m gunna look that up right now. I did see some posts on other threads about this. But some of them showed pics of the m101 compared to the 416 and the leafs were a bit shorter on the 416’s. But if you bought them and they worked that’s sweet. Thanks