max.grun

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Turlock, California
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSE
I like the look of that. Definitely another lightweight and portable option to consider. Thank you for sharing that.

Found a new stand I’m going to give a try. This guy came up with a really elegant and simple design that can be replicated using a lot of different materials. I’ll probably make mine from either EMT or 2x2s. I’ve seen examples of it being built in bamboo, fence post, and more exotic stuff. Looks like a natural for use by a vehicle since only one side needs to be staked down, or attached to the vehicle in my case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats a good idea! A lot more portable than the stand you have to drive over with your vehicle.

BradD

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

rincon, GA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Dixon
Member #

I keep a hammock in the truck for any occasion. Recently bought a portable stand two months ago. Seemed kinda sketchy so I set it up in my room for a short test and well it's all I've been sleeping since then so ima say it's a pass and win.

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

I love my Hennessy Hammock. Its a little pricey, but it's got a built in bug net and a factory installed ridgeline. If you don't have a ridgeline on your hammock, I highly recommend putting one on yours. It loosens up the hammock a little bit and lets you sleep on a better diagonal. Plus you get to hand stuff on it! I've added it to every other hammock that I own and it turns a $20 hammock into a $60 one in terms of comfort. I use Lashit as my line since I've learned that paracord can't be trusted...

For an underquilt I'm using a Snugpak that I got off of Amazon. Price per performance is quite impressive, I must say. Not the lightest thing in the world, but if you're not back packing then its not that big of a deal.