Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

I was talking with @administrator in messages and an interesting idea was brought up.

I'd like to know how many of you live within range of an Echolink, or IRLP linked repeater?

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

Nope. No licensing, no radio. I even managed to fry my CB by moving my antenna and not retuning it. I fail at radio sofar
I bet I know where you could find out more with regards to both radios in general, and getting a ham radio license in the United States.... ;)

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

Yep sure do IRLP Node = 6683 Echolink = *414994 could there be a Net in the works :grimacing:
I'm not sure honestly. If we have critical mass with IRLP nodes, I was going to reach out and see if we could have a semi-permanent "Overland Reflector" created. If that happens I'd set up my own IRLP node and leave it on the reflector 24/7

If we don't have critical mass on IRLP, I might look into Echolink more carefully since anyone who is licensed, and can use this forum should be able to Echolink.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I'm in Austin, TX so, yes to both. BUT, all I have is a handheld that was given to me. No license and no idea how to use the handheld.

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

I'm in Austin, TX so, yes to both. BUT, all I have is a handheld that was given to me. No license and no idea how to use the handheld.
I'm near Austin. I'd be happy to help you get licensed, and how to use the HT. :)

Dunco

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Warwick Queensland Autralia
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK4FABX
I'm not sure honestly. If we have critical mass with IRLP nodes, I was going to reach out and see if we could have a semi-permanent "Overland Reflector" created. If that happens I'd set up my own IRLP node and leave it on the reflector 24/7

If we don't have critical mass on IRLP, I might look into Echolink more carefully since anyone who is licensed, and can use this forum should be able to Echolink.
Sounds good mate, i do like Echolink simply because i can use it on my phone lol

ps im pretty much always on if you wonna qso