Ham Radio Operators -- Echolink/IRLP

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

I live near at least one:

• ECHOLINK linked repeater

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • IRLP linked repeater

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • I own an IRLP node

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lars

Rank V

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

I was talking with @administrator in messages and an interesting idea was brought up.

I'd like to know how many of you live within range of an Echolink, or IRLP linked repeater?

Lars

Rank V

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

Nope. No licensing, no radio. I even managed to fry my CB by moving my antenna and not retuning it. I fail at radio sofar
I bet I know where you could find out more with regards to both radios in general, and getting a ham radio license in the United States.... ;)

Lars

Rank V

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

Yep sure do IRLP Node = 6683 Echolink = *414994 could there be a Net in the works :grimacing:
I'm not sure honestly. If we have critical mass with IRLP nodes, I was going to reach out and see if we could have a semi-permanent "Overland Reflector" created. If that happens I'd set up my own IRLP node and leave it on the reflector 24/7

If we don't have critical mass on IRLP, I might look into Echolink more carefully since anyone who is licensed, and can use this forum should be able to Echolink.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I'm in Austin, TX so, yes to both. BUT, all I have is a handheld that was given to me. No license and no idea how to use the handheld.

Dunco

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Warwick Queensland Autralia
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham Callsign
VK4FABX
I'm not sure honestly. If we have critical mass with IRLP nodes, I was going to reach out and see if we could have a semi-permanent "Overland Reflector" created. If that happens I'd set up my own IRLP node and leave it on the reflector 24/7

If we don't have critical mass on IRLP, I might look into Echolink more carefully since anyone who is licensed, and can use this forum should be able to Echolink.
Sounds good mate, i do like Echolink simply because i can use it on my phone lol

ps im pretty much always on if you wonna qso