Enthusiast III

Mobile Alabama
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Moran
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0ZDX
I used this www.hamstudy.org to study and it was awesome. For the Technician license I went thru every question (hide the distractors, button on upper right). I then went thru the flash cards completely. I then took a couple of different practice tests spaced out here and there. It's only 35 questions and pretty darn easy. I passed that and they asked me if I wanted to take the General test for free. I did...didn't pass. Oh well. But I found the testing location on www.arrl.org site. Pretty easy. Good luck!

What this guy said!

Reactions: Big110

Big110

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Portland, Maine
Member #

I used this www.hamstudy.org to study and it was awesome. For the Technician license I went thru every question (hide the distractors, button on upper right). I then went thru the flash cards completely. I then took a couple of different practice tests spaced out here and there. It's only 35 questions and pretty darn easy. I passed that and they asked me if I wanted to take the General test for free. I did...didn't pass. Oh well. But I found the testing location on www.arrl.org site. Pretty easy. Good luck!
Thanks! You know, I spend a great deal of time on a sailboat and we had sideband radio but it was removed simply because the unit was massive. I sort of regret doing that because its a great back up to when the SatPhone cant catch a signal. I think this would be a nice back up to have for both my overland trips as well as oversea trips here in Maine and beyond.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Took my test on the 4th, still waiting for the FCC to put my info on their database. :cry:
I was expecting at least a week, but when I asked one of the testers what timeframe I should expect he said "Tomorrow. Our club has our process nearly perfected"

No kidding. I was surprised it was already in the DB when I woke up. Less than 12 hours

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: TerryD

The other Sean

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Minneapolis
Member #

I was expecting at least a week, but when I asked one of the testers what timeframe I should expect he said "Tomorrow. Our club has our process nearly perfected"

No kidding. I was surprised it was already in the DB when I woke up. Less than 12 hours

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
lucky... =/