Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ohio/Tenn
First Name
John
Last Name
Shanower
Member #

Just took my test today and passed my "Technician" exam with flying colors.

Now, I just wonder how much longer than normal I am going to have to wait to get a call sign due to the government shut down......

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
KI7RAM..... passed the exam a couple of months ago and got my ICOM 4100a for Christmas...actually I got it early in Dec...LOL :blush:... Still struggling with not messing up my head liner with the antennae install. :confounded:

Reactions: KD7WCD

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
Next weekend might be doable for me. The next few weekends after that I'm not sure about. Are you 3 hours behind EST? If we try 15 we might be dealing with "gray line". Most evenings I have a pipeline to SA at dusk.
Was it this weekend or last weekend you could set up a time to do so HF contacts? I am going to do a little day trip and could make it to so high ground by early afternoon. We could set a time or two to try for. I can do 20 and 40 with out to much effort.

Sent from my "Smart Phone"

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Was it this weekend or last weekend you could set up a time to do so HF contacts? I am going to do a little day trip and could make it to so high ground by early afternoon. We could set a time or two to try for. I can do 20 and 40 with out to much effort.

Last weekend would have been easier as there was nothing planned. This Saturday is possible, but it would probably be 8-9pm EST as we have a trip to town penciled in to stock up on some stuff in the pantry.

What day were you thinking and what time?

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
We are going out on Saturday. Going to play in the desert and then cook up some lunch some place along the way. If we do 4Peaks or Montana mountain that put us up on the mountain top in the afternoon.

By 18:00 we should be on our way home. I run with ham sticks that I can put up when I want to get out on HF. As long as we are out of the bushy areas I can throw one on.

Have not been on HF much lately so not sure what the conditions have been like.

If not this weekend we should keep trying.

Thanks

Reactions: TerryD

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
Well, just passed my general exam. I am however still waiting for the FCC to assign me a call sign from when I passed my Tech test last week............
Congratulations. Let know your new call sign when you get it.

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
[emoji3][emoji106]

RisingEagle

Rank 0

Traveler I

W4HIK - new OB joiner.
chose the vanity handle because
1 - easier to remember
2 - free and
3 - retired CW4 from the army that took a shine to hiking portions of the appalachian trail

I'm usually floating around on D-Star; reflectors 30C or 1C

Reactions: Graeman

JeepWave

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Broomfield, CO, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Hutchins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W0EMH
W0EMH here. I picked up the vanity callsign to have something easier to remember. Just 2M/70cm HT for now. Hope to meet you all on the trails!

Reactions: brien and TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
@KD7WCD and I tried to make contact on 40m last night. Man, about 9pm 40 dropped dead on the east coast. One minute it sounded ok and the spotting websites were showing plenty of contacts within NA. The next, noise went to S9+10 and there was nothing to hear!

Oh well, we'll try again at a later time. Anyone else on HF?