Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Tony, I live in Fredericksburg, VA
Hi Max! We rented a house at Lake of the Woods, west of Fredricksburg from 1980-1986. I worked in Orange, and Deb worked in Fredricksburg and went to school at Mary Washington. What a beautiful area! We visited in 2003, and couldn't recognize the city. It seemingly crippled in size. I sure miss riding in the foothills!

Scott K

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Berkeley Springs, WV, USA
First Name
SCOTT
Last Name
KEILMAN
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1BOP
Hi Max! We rented a house at Lake of the Woods, west of Fredricksburg from 1980-1986. I worked in Orange, and Deb worked in Fredricksburg and went to school at Mary Washington. What a beautiful area! We visited in 2003, and couldn't recognize the city. It seemingly crippled in size. I sure miss riding in the foothills!
Steve, we transferred to DC from California.......I miss the West and my wife and I are both ready to go! Fredericksburg is nice, but the traffic is ridiculous. We have been here 3 1/2 years and hate the commute to DC everyday. I have in for a reassignment now, waiting to hear where it will be. Arizona and California are our preference, but right now we don't care where it is, as long as it is not here!

Scott

Reactions: Steve

norseman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kearney, NE
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Lundell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC0WWQ
Good evening OM. This is KC0WWQ. Check me for short time but I'll watch for following comments. 73 all and I'll look for you down the log.
IC 880H
IC 51a
IC V8000
Yaesu FT1DR
YAESU FT-60
IC 7410
IC 746
AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON..... :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Overland Bound Talk mobile app

Last edited:

Cpl J

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Madras Oregon
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ke7cqw
Good evening OM. This is KC0WWQ. Check me for short time but I'll watch for following comments. 73 all and I'll look for you down the log.
IC 880H
IC 51a
IC V8000
Yaesu FT1DR
YAESU FT-60
IC 7410
IC 746

I am originally from North Platte, Living in Oregon now.

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

IC 880H
IC 51a
IC V8000
Yaesu FT1DR
YAESU FT-60
IC 7410
IC 746

you have way too many HT transceivers. you need to sell me one, cheap.

Reactions: Sean S