Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

I can't seem to find a communication section. Is there one? Isn't this an important part of overlanding? I think it would be a good idea to create a section to share our ideas and experience.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

There was an entire communications subform here on the previous version of software. @administrator That seems to be another one that got lost in the tradition. Any chance of digging it out of toehold backup?

Thanks for pointing that out, Drift!

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

There was an entire communications subform here on the previous version of software. @administrator That seems to be another one that got lost in the tradition. Any chance of digging it out of toehold backup?

Thanks for pointing that out, Drift!
No problem. I'm surprised that nobody else has brought it up.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

@administrator I think that's just one of many threads that were in the old Communications forum. Take a look at AA1PR's profile. He had 181 posts on the forum, but since the conversion, most of them are gone. Now it only shows 7 posts from him.

http://www.overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?members/expeditionnorth.51/

For that matter, my profile shows that I've made 306 posts, but only 194 are here on the new forum, and yours shows 913 posts, but only 185 are here on the new forum. I'd imagine that happened with a lot of us on the old software. I think a lot of stuff didn't get converted.

I tried looking at the old forum on The Wayback Machine, but it didn't have a snapshot after sometime in May, and the forum was pretty sparse then.

Probably not much can be done to recover missing stuff, now.

[EDIT] Now I'm not sure about the count at all. I took a look at Jordan's profile to compare, as he wasn't on the old software. All of his 524 posts have been in the last 5 weeks or so, yet showing all of his content lists only 191 posts. Weird...