Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi everyone, yes, we were attached. A real drag. Our appologies.

Your data is safe. Someone was using OB.com to send e-mails, but the email list was not compromised.

We've hardened the site and have implemented a firewall, scanner, and CDN to prevent this in the future.

This is the first time we've faced an attack like this, now we are wiser.

Thanks for bearing with us through this learning process.

M

Reactions: Desert Nomad

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Hi everyone, yes, we were attached. A real drag. Our appologies.

Your data is safe. Someone was using OB.com to send e-mails, but the email list was not compromised.

We've hardened the site and have implemented a firewall, scanner, and CDN to prevent this in the future.

This is the first time we've faced an attack like this, now we are wiser.

Thanks for bearing with us through this learning process.

M
Growing Pains. :)

Reactions: tom and Michael

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

is everyone else seeing red on the forums now?
@dmurph1996 I know you posted this a few day ago. If you haven't found the answer yet, I see what's changed. In the bottom-left corner of any forum page, you will see a gear symbol and "Dark Responsive" Click on that to get to the style changer. Once there, select "OB Dark Responsive" to get back to the normal forum look.

I *think* the only options in the past were Dark Responsive or default. During the recent changes, Michael might have made the OB specific Dark Responsive, and then left the generic Dark Responsive as an option. Or, I could be all wrong and it was just me that had the non-OB style somehow changed.

Steve

Reactions: murps and Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@dmurph1996 I know you posted this a few day ago. If you haven't found the answer yet, I see what's changed. In the bottom-left corner of any forum page, you will see a gear symbol and "Dark Responsive" Click on that to get to the style changer. Once there, select "OB Dark Responsive" to get back to the normal forum look.

I *think* the only options in the past were Dark Responsive or default. During the recent changes, Michael might have made the OB specific Dark Responsive, and then left the generic Dark Responsive as an option. Or, I could be all wrong and it was just me that had the non-OB style somehow changed.

Steve
Thanks Steve. I'll have to look in to this. Default should be OB Dark. Thanks!

M

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

@administrator Default is OB Dark. Back when I wrote the post about changing styles (How to change the Overland Bound forum "style") the only options were Dark Responsive and Default. Dark Responsive then was what OB Dark Responsive is now, and Default was a white background.

Now the OB Dark Responsive is what Dark Responsive used to be, and Dark Responsive is without any Overland Bound headers or color styles. There is no white background option named Default any more. When clicking "Use Default Style" it automatically changes to OB Default Responsive as expected.

For the past few days, ( since the spam stuff and whatever else was changed) mine somehow changed to Dark Responsive, without any Overland Bound branding. I thought it was still part of the glitches going on until I tried the Style Changer and noticed that the options there had changed. Switching to OB Dark Responsive fixed it for me, which is why I replied to @dmurph1996 post.

Maybe mine got switched somehow because I had fiddled with it in September when I wrote the How-to thread.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@administrator Default is OB Dark. Back when I wrote the post about changing styles (How to change the Overland Bound forum "style") the only options were Dark Responsive and Default. Dark Responsive then was what OB Dark Responsive is now, and Default was a white background.

Now the OB Dark Responsive is what Dark Responsive used to be, and Dark Responsive is without any Overland Bound headers or color styles. There is no white background option named Default any more. When clicking "Use Default Style" it automatically changes to OB Default Responsive as expected.

For the past few days, ( since the spam stuff and whatever else was changed) mine somehow changed to Dark Responsive, without any Overland Bound branding. I thought it was still part of the glitches going on until I tried the Style Changer and noticed that the options there had changed. Switching to OB Dark Responsive fixed it for me, which is why I replied to @dmurph1996 post.

Maybe mine got switched somehow because I had fiddled with it in September when I wrote the How-to thread.
Hey Steve, now OB Dark Responsive should be the only theme available now. Thanks for the heads up.

Is it useful to have the default theme? I could add it back, I just don't like it :D

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I agree that having OB Dark Responsive and Dark Responsive is redundant (and possibly confusing, as in my case.) So if it were me, I'd remove the generic Dark Responsive.

I personally would like to see the white-background option back on the list. Wait 30+ years until you are my age, and you will see that sometimes your eyes get tired reading white text on black/gray background. Sometimes I would switch to the old Default for a change. Or maybe I'm just reading here too much... :)

Just my two cents,
Steve

Reactions: Michael