Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Lawrenceville, GA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Swan
Member #

Hello everyone, Trying to see how many people we have in the north east part of Georgia. Are there any regular meets in this area or close by?

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Hello everyone, Trying to see how many people we have in the north east part of Georgia. Are there any regular meets in this area or close by?
I’m in the top, NW corner of SC - but I read a random novel over the winter (it was like an archeological adventure/mystery) that has me wanting to check out a ton of spots in GA.
Providence Canyon aka “The Little Grand Canyon”
Fort Mountain
The Georgia Guidestones
The Etowah Indian Mounds
Track Rock
I’ve been all over the hills in SC, NC, & TN - but very little in GA. Most of the time when I head west across the GA line it’s to visit friends in Buckhead or to catch concerts. I’d definitely like to explore the northern part of the state.

Reactions: JQCitizen

JQCitizen

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Lawrenceville, GA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Swan
Member #

I've heard really good things about the GA Traverse trail. We have only been here in GA about 6 years and I really have not done a lot of exploring. When you head down this way, let me know.

Still haven't seen anything you mentioned.

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

I've heard really good things about the GA Traverse trail. We have only been here in GA about 6 years and I really have not done a lot of exploring. When you head down this way, let me know.

Still haven't seen anything you mentioned.
The GA traverse sounds pretty cool, but I’d only be able to do a small section of it at a time.

You should definitely Google those spots I mentioned.

JQCitizen

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Lawrenceville, GA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Swan
Member #

Would love to plan an Atlanta metro meetup some time soon. Meet and greet, go over each others rigs and possibly lunch.
Always looking for others in the overlanding community

Reactions: Inca4x4

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

You guys in northeast GA may find that you can find some rides the NC Piedmont/CLT Meet-Up Planning to be in your area. I set-up two Rally Points for the past two months and we did Old NC 105 at the end of June and then we did Gorges State Park. Both of those rides were right near the tip of where SC, NC, & GA converge. So it might be worth y'all checking out.

Personally, I live outside Spartanburg, SC. So I'm close to GA or NC. The majority of people on those group rides were from Charlotte or Upstate SC. I'm totally down to do some exploring in GA to figure out a route to plan a Rally Point for. Nantahala National Forest and Chattahoochee National Forests have got to have some adventure in there. If someone on this thread is wanting to do some exploring and want a trail buddy - let me know! Have rig, will travel.

ThatMike057

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Georgia, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Martinson
Member #

I used to live in Gwinnett, temporarily in Oconee County until the end of next month, then will be in Cumming, GA. There is a local Overlanding group on facebook, not sure if I'm allowed to post it, but not hard to figure out if you look (Edit: just realized OB has a southeast facebook group, I'll be on there posting when I have a trip planned). They have monthly meetings in Cobb County, and lots of people set up random meet up and rides. I just joined, so haven't been to anything yet, but everyone seems really nice and helpful, and they do a lot of cleanups, which is needed around here. If you ever want to go riding/camping, hit me up, I have notifications turned on here. Pretty busy with the kids and all, but I'm trying to get out more and explore. I've done a lot of hikes in N. GA, but nothing offroad and am marking a lot of trails on GAIA for me to go explore over the coming months (weather permitting). If you guys do a meetup, let me know!

Last edited:
Reactions: Inca4x4