Launch Member

Traveler III

Dacono, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dean
Member #

I currently see 7 rigs going because I haven’t seen a response from @Dumbo jk .

Got a call back from GSNP Ranger this morning. They’re now hoping Piñon Flats campground will be open tomorrow or Friday. If it’s not the dispersed camping hasn’t been too full up Medano and there is also dispersed areas on BLM land along 150. Sounds like when we get there they will be very helpful for suggestions if needed.

Reactions: Cujo7989

tim.lemons

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lemons
Member #

I was able to get a reservation at the campground and will come up Friday afternoon. It looked pretty booked up on the website recreation.gov but got Loop 1 site #2.

Reactions: Zappe

tim.lemons

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lemons
Member #

I was able to get a reservation at the campground and will come up Friday afternoon. It looked pretty booked up on the website recreation.gov but got Loop 1 site #2.
There must have been a cancellation. Good deal, see you Friday Tim!
Looking forward to it. I'll be in a Cement Taco and on the radio. Since I have a campsite will probably bring my micro trailer for my base camp. I'll save your number and if I can't get you on the GMRS I'll send a text and set up in Spot#002. Drive safely everyone.

KoRnRunneR

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Arapahoe County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Wendling
Member #

Hello we made our way up last night and piñon camp was closed. We headed up the trail and was able to find a camp spot at 37.81447, -105.46780 our plan for day is to play around In the sand if anyone wants to get together today/night here is my #3033865709

Zappe

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dacono, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dean
Member #

Hello we made our way up last night and piñon camp was closed. We headed up the trail and was able to find a camp spot at 37.81447, -105.46780 our plan for day is to play around In the sand if anyone wants to get together today/night here is my #3033865709
The website said the campground should open today at noon and three of us are headed down Should be there around 6. We will be at campsites 85, 86 and 87

Reactions: tim.lemons

tim.lemons

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lemons
Member #

The website said the campground should open today at noon and three of us are headed down Should be there around 6. We will be at campsites 85, 86 and 87
I made it. In Loop 1 #002.

Attachments

Reactions: Zappe

Zappe

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dacono, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dean
Member #

Hey all. Some of us came into the park on Medano Pass and it’s fun, narrow, and not hard. We are going to Zapata Falls after breakfast for most of us then coming back and in afternoon, some may want to go up Medano, some hiking, dunes.
We’ll drive by the coordinates I posted on the RP on the way out to Zapata so @KoRnRunneR and @tim.lemons can join us.

Reactions: tim.lemons