GSA Field Trip Guidebook "Centennial Meeting"

• HTML tutorial

wgmclain96

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fayetteville, AR/Richmond, TX
Member #

Thought I would go ahead and share this with anyone who is interested. A well respected professor in my Geology department retired this spring and left several of his old books and other crap outside of his office free for the taking. I apparently found one of his "gems", a field trip guidebook that looks to span across Colorado and much of the Rockies. It covers many interesting geology sites and is more aimed towards someone with an interest in Geology but figured some people might find interest in it. It's 456 pages of field trip gold so if anyone is interested I can do my best to scan or take pictures of the locations. Looks like the book would make for an awesome overland trip guidebook

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Wow, what a find! I love old books. But to find an old book that ties in with your hobbies or passions is a real bonus!

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I have to say it's one of the best old books I've ever snagged, heck and I didn't even pay a dime.
Those are the best kind!

On a completely unrelated note, we may be related. My maternal grandmother was a McClain here in Ohio, and some of her family moved to Arkansas and Texas. If you've got a David McClain (1801-1880) from Washington County, PA in your genes, then hello, cousin!

wgmclain96

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fayetteville, AR/Richmond, TX
Member #

Those are the best kind!

On a completely unrelated note, we may be related. My maternal grandmother was a McClain here in Ohio, and some of her family moved to Arkansas and Texas. If you've got a David McClain (1801-1880) from Washington County, PA in your genes, then hello, cousin!
Only one c in this McLain[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

thatmaceguy

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dallas, TX 75218
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Mace
Member #

Ever get a chance to scan this? I'm a geo in Dallas. Old field guides are the best for finding cool places to check out when planning a trip!