• Start date
  • HTML tutorial
E

expeditionnorth

Hello everyone,

my name is Mike up here in the Vermont mountains

ham radio op, photographer, wheeler

I'm a disabled overlander basically, still trying to enjoy the outdoors

Whether it be by dirt road or paved highway I enjoy overlanding as my form of adventure. One does not have to be buried up to the axles in mud or bouncing over rocks. It is more about taking in the local culture, the atmosphere of the areas we explore. Its more than getting the tires dirty. Its the people, the places, great food and conversation is key.

Its not about the destination, its the journey.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey @mike ! Welcome to Overland Bound! Glad to have ya! Yup - one thing about overlanding, our rigs, and having the right gear is that it doesn't require a huge hike to go where we want! Let the rig do the work.

I love your philosophy, and that you shared. That's exactly it. Its about slowing down and connecting with the outdoors. Food for the soul! I'd love to hear more about your setup!

M

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

Welcome to the site Mike. I live in New york, I am very lucky...Wife, and 3 Girls, we all enjoy the outdoors. in my garage, all you see is ..sleeping bags/pads, gas stove, Grill, tent, camp chairs, bikes, and the list goes on and on. Just making some sandwiches, grabbing the cooler, some chairs and of course the fishing rods... and Hit the road is Perfect weekend getaway. best therapy ever!!
Frisly

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

@Mike
Welcome! I am a big fan of the Vermont Overland Trophy site, have you been to any of their events? Hate to say this but my competitive nature has me planning around and for attending a trophy event. Love the idea of mixing the localvore culture along with some over landing competition.

D

davidangusw

Welcome Mike! I am originally from MA, but spent a bit of time up in the northeast kingdom of VT. Now I sort of split my time between N. CA and S. UT. I visit MA/NH quite often!

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Mike,

A welcome from the Netherlands. Yes, I know the feeling. As I have Reumatism, Iam not able to everything ALL the time. But, with some adjustments I can do quit a lot. And a extra challenge is just a challenge. And no boundery.
So, I love your attitude.

And indeed, you dont have to travel across muddy roads, or doing rock climbing all the time. It is being outdoor that counts.

Love to see some pictures of your Rig, and how you manage to do this. Because, those improvements could be the start of a new idea in my head.

Greetings from Robert

E

expeditionnorth

Thanks guys

it so nice to see like minded folks in such a polite forum

D

Deleted member 21788

Welcome from a newer member. Exploration is exploration, overlanding is overlanding. The journey is what counts and I'm glad you're getting out there. What's your callsign? How do you have your rig setup HAM radio wise? I'm still deciding on how to set mine up. Good luck and stay safe out there!