Greetings From Santa Cruz, CA

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

Hi all, my name is Todd and I'm from Santa Cruz. I've been a life long off-roader from BMX, MTB, dirt bikes, and trucks. I drive a 2012 Off-Road Turd Taco, OME lift, 255/85r16 Cooper Maxx ST, sliders, and some body damage. My previous overland vehicle was a KTM 950 SE. Honestly I'm much better on two wheels than four, but it's been fun sharing the experience with my wife, Juniper and our dog Kona.IMG_0128.JPG

Cheers!

Reactions: kg6zjl and BCBrian

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Welcome, I am also a fellow Adventure - Dual Sport rider turning now to 4 wheels. Yes Motorcycles are a great way to get into the backcounttry but I am now looking forward to more creature comforts that 4 wheels can carry.

Traveler I

Welcome! I'm from Boulder Creek, good to see you here!

Where was that pic taken?
Right on good to see a someone from SC. It seems we're a rare breed here.

Pic is going up South Park Canyon in the Panamint Mountains.

More pics of the Taco Stand? You got it. All were taken on a trip we just got back from in or near Death Valley Park, although we never even saw the Valley itself, much less entered it.

Looking down on the Panamint Valley.

This is just after the bridge. It an obstacle called Chicken Rock. A 90 degree off camber turn with a 100' drop if you screw it up. It's easy-ish, but unsettling.

Tea Kettle Junction.

Dedekera Canyon. A guy in a stock 4Runner had built a damn road through here. He was being coached by an experienced friend. The guy was so stoked to be out there and it was fun watching him hoot and holler as he went through.

Headed for Papoose Flats in the Inyos. We were the first to go through this year judging by the lack of tire prints in the snow and dirt. We didn't make it though since I misread the guide book and went into "The Narrows". I broke all my rules on that one and paid the price. I knew I should scout ahead, but didn't. It took an hour to get back out once I realized my mistake. Luckily my truck is the only one with scars...

And this is the first body damage I've incurred after fifteen years of exploring. It's actually kind of a relief.

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

Nice pictures! I was just in that area March 22 - 26th but we did not run the South Park/Pleasant Canyon Loop.... maybe next time!

Lippincott Road and MengelPass/Goler Wash were a lot of fun with beautiful scenery and a few trail challenges.

Maybe we should try and get an OB gathering in Santa Cruz County together some time.

Reactions: kg6zjl

Traveler I

Nice pictures! I was just in that area March 22 - 26th but we did not run the South Park/Pleasant Canyon Loop.... maybe next time!

Lippincott Road and MengelPass/Goler Wash were a lot of fun with beautiful scenery and a few trail challenges.

Maybe we should try and get an OB gathering in Santa Cruz County together some time.

Absolutely! I joined because I'd be stoked to meet people to explore with. I was gonna try and organize a day trip down to Clear Creek/New Idria now that it's semi reopened.

Reactions: kg6zjl and BCBrian

Rmac831

Rank III
Investor

Contributor III

Member #

Right on good to see a someone from SC. It seems we're a rare breed here.

Pic is going up South Park Canyon in the Panamint Mountains.

More pics of the Taco Stand? You got it. All were taken on a trip we just got back from in or near Death Valley Park, although we never even saw the Valley itself, much less entered it.

Looking down on the Panamint Valley.

This is just after the bridge. It an obstacle called Chicken Rock. A 90 degree off camber turn with a 100' drop if you screw it up. It's easy-ish, but unsettling.

Tea Kettle Junction.

Dedekera Canyon. A guy in a stock 4Runner had built a damn road through here. He was being coached by an experienced friend. The guy was so stoked to be out there and it was fun watching him hoot and holler as he went through.

Headed for Papoose Flats in the Inyos. We were the first to go through this year judging by the lack of tire prints in the snow and dirt. We didn't make it though since I misread the guide book and went into "The Narrows". I broke all my rules on that one and paid the price. I knew I should scout ahead, but didn't. It took an hour to get back out once I realized my mistake. Luckily my truck is the only one with scars...

And this is the first body damage I've incurred after fifteen years of exploring. It's actually kind of a relief.

What's up I'm also from Santa Cruz