Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Anybody up for something quick/local to get the rigs dirty this weekend? Feeling cooped up.

Reactions: M Rose

Ties

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Seattle
First Name
Ties
Last Name
de Kok
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJT
Anybody up for something quick/local to get the rigs dirty this weekend? Feeling cooped up.
Count me in! I need to get out as well. Have an area in mind?

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Maybe Snoqualmie N Fork? Where the camp spot pics earlier were taken. Out of town of Snoqualmie, maybe 30-45 mins out and back (each way) on gravel but some stuff to explore out there. We can go look at camp spot, fun little obstacles down to creek.

Sat or Sun? Maybe Sunday so we Have time to prepare w/o feeling rushed?

Last edited:

Ties

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Seattle
First Name
Ties
Last Name
de Kok
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJT
Maybe Snoqualmie N Fork? Where the camp spot pics earlier were taken. Out of town of Snoqualmie, maybe 30-45 mins out and back (each way) on gravel but some stuff to explore out there. We can go look at camp spot, fun little obstacles down to creek.

Sat or Sun? Maybe Sunday so we Have time to prepare w/o feeling rushed?
Missed your message, OB notifications can be iffy sometimes. Sounds good, yeah, we can do Sunday (this afternoon would also work, whatever you prefer). Time preference?

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
What time works best for you? I can do just about any time but prefer earlier. Whatever.
Yeah, notifications...

Ties

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Seattle
First Name
Ties
Last Name
de Kok
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJT
Maybe meet up around 10am at Snoqualmie / North Bend? Alternatively, I could hop in the car in the next hour and be there for some exploring this afternoon, it is pretty close so that wouldn't be a problem either.

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I guess tomorrow in Snoqualmie at 10am since I napped past one hour from now. Hahahaha
Pretty burnt from the work week and have some projects going on here anyway. There is a gas station in Sno where we could meet up and let’s use our radios. BRB with meetup spot and such.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Let’s set radios to the “OB channel” of 146.460
Gaia says there is a public parking lot here 47.52919, -121.82526
I‘ll be there a few minutes early, gassed up and running APRS (send you a link privately in a bit).

I may bring some camera stuff as there are a few spots of beauty and we can putter out and see what there is to see. Near the campspot there was a new looking rough road that headed back towards the “main road” that I’d like to see. Also would like to see how far the main road goes. I don’t think very far.

Awesome! Should be fun!

I have a black canopy now so the truck looks a little different from when you saw it last.
0CA77479-07E2-4F56-9131-C165C0A9ABEB.jpeg

Ties

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Seattle
First Name
Ties
Last Name
de Kok
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJT
Copy that, I'll be tuned in on 146.460 and see you there! I'll do a bit of scouting on Gaia/G-Earth as well to get a lay of the land.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I’ll add a GPX in a little bit.
My wife is considering coming along, @Ties, will your wife attend as well? Julie is a lot nicer than me. Hahaha

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Here is the GPX file. Starts at parking lot where we will meet and heads up to the thick of it. We can branch out and see what there is to see from there.

GPX viewer

Attachments

Ties

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Seattle
First Name
Ties
Last Name
de Kok
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJT
I’ll add a GPX in a little bit.
My wife is considering coming along, @Ties, will your wife attend as well? Julie is a lot nicer than me. Hahaha
She probably won't tag along this time as she is busy finishing up some things and we weren't originally planning to go out.

• Sad

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Julie is not sure that she will make it either :(
We will have fun and get muddy!

Reactions: Ties

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
I'm game for just about anything. Got the winch installed, just need to pull the trigger on a radio.
Looking good Charlie!

And same, I am always looking for adventure.

Some areas that I've had my eye on that should have manageable snow levels for a day trip of exploring:
  1. Olympic national forest (the southern portion that is east of Hood canal)
  2. South west corner of the Gifford Pinchot NF area south of Elbe (although we'd have to triple-check for gates @Ubiety :tearsofjoy: )
  3. Mount Baker NF (eastern section between Darrington and Hamilton)
  4. Gifford Pinchot NF section south of Randle
I'm good with anything north of Seattle! Got a new kinetic rope! 32,500 lbs "rated". Seems well made.

Attachments

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
Weird, I totally missed all the planning and specifics for this trip, just got notified tonight

• Sad

parrotheadnw

Rank V

Advocate III

160 Sienna Street, Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo County, California, United States
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Poggemann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRMP701
Huh, I didn't get any notifications all Saturday and finally got one at 8:28 last night.
Scott, I got my kinetic rope last week too.
Everyone, How was it Saturday? I was ready to pull the trigger on a GMRS radio mobile until I saw that everyone was using HAM for the day trip. Now I don't know...

• Sad

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Huh, I didn't get any notifications all Saturday and finally got one at 8:28 last night.
Scott, I got my kinetic rope last week too.
Everyone, How was it Saturday? I was ready to pull the trigger on a GMRS radio mobile until I saw that everyone was using HAM for the day trip. Now I don't know...
A lot of us use Ham, some use GMRS, and only a couple are still on CB... what I suggest is... get your ham ticket NOW, the FCC is raising the cost of the license from free to 35.00 in the near future... wait for the price increase from the FCC to get your GMRS license, because it is going to drop from $70.00 down to $35.00. So get your technician privileges now, get GMRS in the next couple of months. If you need study materials I can help, need help finding a test session, I can help there as well. Right now the SSRA is offering 2 tests a week for $14.00 with a year membership to the club... which is a steal, club membership is $40.00 annually. Now you’re thinking the SSRA is in Kennewick and I’m in Seattle area,
Well the SSRA Aja’s digital modes to connect to the repeater system and we get check ins every night from South Carolina, Texas, Arizona, as well as from all a crossed Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Pro-Tip... log into the web site once a week and select “new” posts and then click mark forums read... this will allow you to continue to get new notifications as they come available. Make sure to log into the threads you want to watch on a regular basis to keep getting the notifications. If you ignore a notification on a thread, you won’t get any more notifications for it until you look at it again (or mark the forums read).

parrotheadnw

Rank V

Advocate III

160 Sienna Street, Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo County, California, United States
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Poggemann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRMP701
A lot of us use Ham, some use GMRS, and only a couple are still on CB... what I suggest is... get your ham ticket NOW, the FCC is raising the cost of the license from free to 35.00 in the near future... wait for the price increase from the FCC to get your GMRS license, because it is going to drop from $70.00 down to $35.00. So get your technician privileges now, get GMRS in the next couple of months. If you need study materials I can help, need help finding a test session, I can help there as well. Right now the SSRA is offering 2 tests a week for $14.00 with a year membership to the club... which is a steal, club membership is $40.00 annually. Now you’re thinking the SSRA is in Kennewick and I’m in Seattle area,
Well the SSRA Aja’s digital modes to connect to the repeater system and we get check ins every night from South Carolina, Texas, Arizona, as well as from all a crossed Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.
Mike, Thanks for the advice. I feel like I am finally setting up an informed plan.

Reactions: M Rose and Ubiety