Grabber x3...heavy

• HTML tutorial

Clutch Cargo

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Anyone have experience with the new x3?? I'm going to be upgrading from 31" mud countrys to a 33x10.5 on my gen 2.5 Montero and I really like the look of these. Problem is, they're between 57-62lbs per tire! Most other tires in this size out there are a good 10lbs or so less. How bad would that extra weight be? I was also eyeing the new ko2 bfg because I do a lot of on road driving but I'm having a tough time steering away from the mud terrain for those few times they are a must have. I was also looking into the cooper st maxx in 255/85r16 but then I'd have to buy new wheels on top of an already pricey tire plus they're load range e :/

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

Anyone have experience with the new x3?? I'm going to be upgrading from 31" mud countrys to a 33x10.5 on my gen 2.5 Montero and I really like the look of these. Problem is, they're between 57-62lbs per tire! Most other tires in this size out there are a good 10lbs or so less. How bad would that extra weight be? I was also eyeing the new ko2 bfg because I do a lot of on road driving but I'm having a tough time steering away from the mud terrain for those few times they are a must have. I was also looking into the cooper st maxx in 255/85r16 but then I'd have to buy new wheels on top of an already pricey tire plus they're load range e :/
What size rim do you have now? You can get 255/80/17 which is the same size as the 255/85/16.