Goodbye Trasharoo, hello Military Surplus.

• HTML tutorial

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
I'll be honest, I loved my trasharoo in form and function, but the color fade, strap issues, buckles breaking and holes made my experience very lacking. I finally had to find another solution.

Low and behold, the only Military Surplus duffel bag I had solved my issues. I bought it a few months back for $12 at a local military supply store and affixed it to my OrFab Tire Carrier. So far, it has worked great, hold a LOT and is quite strong and sturdy.

Pictures show bag full of sleeping pads, sleeping pads that were in it for size spec, empty, the top straps, lower straps and the bag empty. Spare tire is a 35" for reference...

Time will tell if it lasts, but for now, I am very happy. With buckles, bag and clips, I think I'm in $15. I'll take it through Mojave with me and that'll be the test.
M

Attachments

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

I'll be honest, I loved my trasharoo in form and function, but the color fade, strap issues, buckles breaking and holes made my experience very lacking. I finally had to find another solution.

Low and behold, the only Military Surplus duffel bag I had solved my issues. I bought it a few months back for $12 at a local military supply store and affixed it to my OrFab Tire Carrier. So far, it has worked great, hold a LOT and is quite strong and sturdy.

Pictures show bag full of sleeping pads, sleeping pads that were in it for size spec, empty, the top straps, lower straps and the bag empty. Spare tire is a 35" for reference...

Time will tell if it lasts, but for now, I am very happy. With buckles, bag and clips, I think I'm in $15. I'll take it through Mojave with me and that'll be the test.
M
What a great idea. I may have to dig mine out from my AF days.

yj4roks

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fallbrook, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Chase
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6FWD
I've used my seabag until it wore out then got a surplus one! They do work great and the California sun doesn't seem to discolor them (as quickly)

Reactions: KA7USA