Launch Member

Contributor I

Erving, MA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Myren
Member #

Good morning everyone! I just joined this community and I have never really done anything on forum groups so please forgive me as I try to learn how this works. I guess the first thing should be a little background about who we are, I am Eric and my wife is Gina. We are not fancy people and live a simple life in a modest home we are from Erving, Massachusetts. We use two vehicles for our adventures, both are named (of course) Festus is my wife's 1999 Dodge Durango and Orca is my 1998 Jeep XJ Cherokee. Both are mostly stock however Orca is undergoing a major rebuild this winter. We have 4 children two still at home the youngest is still in high school. As a family we have spent many years off-roading and camping. We didn't know that what we were doing all these years was this thing called Overlanding. So although we are new on here we are not new to vehicle base adventures. Thanks for having us.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Welcome!

Looks like you have a good start for vehicles. I had a 1998 Cherokee and loved it but I had some spare children as well and needed something larger so it was sold off for a 3/4t crew cab pickup.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Eric and Gina

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Erving, MA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Myren
Member #

Welcome!

Looks like you have a good start for vehicles. I had a 1998 Cherokee and loved it but I had some spare children as well and needed something larger so it was sold off for a 3/4t crew cab pickup.
That's awesome and I totally understand. Two of my boys have their own Jeeps. #3 has a 99 Cherokee named Lila to go with his girlfriend's Subaru Forester Lola. The rebuild of mine is going to resemble Lila with a 4.5 in lift and 33's so we can do a little more heavy off-road exploration. Currently trying to plan a month long trip along the coast of eastern Canada.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Good morning everyone! I just joined this community and I have never really done anything on forum groups so please forgive me as I try to learn how this works. I guess the first thing should be a little background about who we are, I am Eric and my wife is Gina. We are not fancy people and live a simple life in a modest home we are from Erving, Massachusetts. We use two vehicles for our adventures, both are named (of course) Festus is my wife's 1999 Dodge Durango and Orca is my 1998 Jeep XJ Cherokee. Both are mostly stock however Orca is undergoing a major rebuild this winter. We have 4 children two still at home the youngest is still in high school. As a family we have spent many years off-roading and camping. We didn't know that what we were doing all these years was this thing called Overlanding. So although we are new on here we are not new to vehicle base adventures. Thanks for having us.
Hello Eric and Gina, welcome to the OB crew. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.