Good morning from Okotoks

• HTML tutorial
Good morning everyone. I would just like to say hi and introduce myself and my company. My name is Chris reader and I am the owner/operator of Veteran welding Co. We are based out of Okotoks Alberta ( 20 min south of Calgary) and we are proud to be veteran owned and operated. We specialize in all forms of welding and can design and build anything that you guys might need to help in your adventures. That being said I am currently in talks with a customer in designing a cage/canopy for his Tacoma so he can put his tent on the roof and be able to go a little further, and be a lot more comfortable.

My personnel back ground is as follows. I served in the Canadian military for 10 years (2003-2013). I was Armour reconnaissance, and over landing was essentially my job description with a little bit of army stuff thrown in. After retiring from the army in 2013 I pursued a career in welding and quickly learned that a lot of shops out there just want to get the jobs out the door and get paid. in doing so they cut a lot of corners and it just did not sit right with me , Which lead me to start my company after I was done school. I have a fair amount of off road experience and am willing to help out when ever I can. So if anyone is going out for the weekend and just needs someone to pull some winch line or needs help turning wrenches. My door is open. I am currently starting to collect parts as well as build up my own vehicle that the Mrs and I can use for camping / adventures. I will be starting a build thread both here as well as on an other forum so everyone can follow along.

Reactions: Chadlyb and DanR

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Good morning everyone. I would just like to say hi and introduce myself and my company. My name is Chris reader and I am the owner/operator of Veteran welding Co. We are based out of Okotoks Alberta ( 20 min south of Calgary) and we are proud to be veteran owned and operated. We specialize in all forms of welding and can design and build anything that you guys might need to help in your adventures. That being said I am currently in talks with a customer in designing a cage/canopy for his Tacoma so he can put his tent on the roof and be able to go a little further, and be a lot more comfortable.

My personnel back ground is as follows. I served in the Canadian military for 10 years (2003-2013). I was Armour reconnaissance, and over landing was essentially my job description with a little bit of army stuff thrown in. After retiring from the army in 2013 I pursued a career in welding and quickly learned that a lot of shops out there just want to get the jobs out the door and get paid. in doing so they cut a lot of corners and it just did not sit right with me , Which lead me to start my company after I was done school. I have a fair amount of off road experience and am willing to help out when ever I can. So if anyone is going out for the weekend and just needs someone to pull some winch line or needs help turning wrenches. My door is open. I am currently starting to collect parts as well as build up my own vehicle that the Mrs and I can use for camping / adventures. I will be starting a build thread both here as well as on an other forum so everyone can follow along.
Hi Chris and welcome to OB! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!