Enthusiast III

Forest Grove, Oregon
First Name
Thanney
Last Name
Lo
Member #

Good day Folks,

Got introduced to the Overland Bound community via Youtube while looking for overlanding builds.
I have a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ) that I am thinking of converting to an overlander.

She is not a looker and has a lot of previous owner problems, but on the other had she was cheap :)
I am up in the air whether or not to put the sweat equity in it, or just start with something else.

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Good day Folks,

Got introduced to the Overland Bound community via Youtube while looking for overlanding builds.
I have a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ) that I am thinking of converting to an overlander.

She is not a looker and has a lot of previous owner problems, but on the other had she was cheap :)
I am up in the air whether or not to put the sweat equity in it, or just start with something else.
Hello Tenchi and welcome to OB! Nice ZJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Tenchi

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Welcome from Austin, TX. I'm a fan of starting with what you have, and build as you go. Most of the gear we use for Overlanding, can easily be moved between vehicles. Don't let the vehicle hold you back from adventures. Do what must be done, to have a reliable vehicle, and get out in to nature. Once you have been Overlanding for a while, what you would choose for your next vehicle may be different then what you would choose today. Experience changes everything.

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

Good day Folks,

Hey, FG- that's my hometown! Welcome!

Reactions: Tenchi