Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5DWF
Service Branch
Navy
Is our next meet up in December or August?

Jim (Placerville)

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

3050 Countryside Dr., Placerville, California 95667
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Forshey
Member #

No we will have the next meeting the first Saturday in August and an overnight trip on the 10th & 11th...
No we will have the next meeting the first Saturday in August and an overnight trip on the 10th & 11th...
Thanks, If I am back from WY, I'll be at the meeting

Reactions: Magic Mike

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Just a thought, but you would probably get more people to attend if it was on a week night during the summer since most go explore on the weekends.
Thats the plan in the future... Probably in the next couple of months..

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I can\'t make it this weekend, but hope to next time! Can we plan it out a couple of weeks ahead of time? I work nights, and different days of the week. Looking forward to meeting fellow wheelers!
As of the next month or so it will be scheduled on the first Saturday of every month, at 1800 hours, or 6:00 pm for people that do not do military time.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
New to this. Can you tell me where the meeting is? Couldn\'t tell from the Google Earth button.
Meeting place was stated at the top of this thread...
The meetup will be held at Round Table Pizza on Elm Avenue in Auburn, California; we can park along the side wall and grab food together and still be home before dinner and with time to prepare for the week. You can call ahead and order pizza as we will be using their meeting room. RSVP and let us know you are coming!
The get home in time for dinner was kinda of a typo, depending on what time you have dinner at your house. The meeting is scheduled to run from 6:00 to 8:00. Y\You can park in front of Round Table and there is also a large parking lot on the side, which you access from behind. We do have the meeting room reserved, or depending what the group wants to do we can use the P-Lot for rig walk arounds and possible trainings.

Reactions: CTO1Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi all,
I just bit the bullet and signed up for Gaia GPS. Does anyone else have this? Could this be one of our training topics?
Hey Mike! Yes I have Gaia GPS and I know Justin does. Gaia is probably the most popular navigation app out there. Also to answer your question, Yes classes on Gaia is definitely on the radar. It is a great platform, just takes practice! In the interim go check out Kevin from Lifestyle Overlands You Tube videos on Gaia GPS. He did two of them, watch them in order and they will make more sense.

CTO1Mike

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5DWF
Service Branch
Navy
Hey Mike! Yes I have Gaia GPS and I know Justin does. Gaia is probably the most popular navigation app out there. Also to answer your question, Yes classes on Gaia is definitely on the radar. It is a great platform, just takes practice! In the interim go check out Kevin from Lifestyle Overlands You Tube videos on Gaia GPS. He did two of them, watch them in order and they will make more sense.
I may have to spend a whole day with those two vids on repete for it to sink in LOL!!! New tricks are taking so long to learn these days LOL.

Reactions: Magic Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I may have to spend a whole day with those two vids on repete for it to sink in LOL!!! New tricks are taking so long to learn these days LOL.
I hear ya, you'll get it... If I can figure it out, then you can.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I can\'t make it this weekend, but hope to next time! Can we plan it out a couple of weeks ahead of time? I work nights, and different days of the week. Looking forward to meeting fellow wheelers!
August 3rd is the next meeting

yompjunky

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

lincoln,ca
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Yaeger
Member #

Hi all,
I just bit the bullet and signed up for Gaia GPS. Does anyone else have this? Could this be one of our training topics?
I bought it last year, i like it so far. I could learn more i'm sure, so training is always a plus.