Gobi Shipping Times

• HTML tutorial

jcline

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Rafael, CA
Member #

I just got my Gobi two weeks ago. I ordered direct from them. They did take the full eight weeks but I never had issues getting updates. I think I called 2x during the end of the 8 week period. I had minor shipping damage due to irresponsible handling and Gobi did a great job taking care of me. Most importantly I LOVE the rack.

View attachment 11879

View attachment 11880
I know this is an old thread but man, the white wheels are a cool look!

JeepRubiconOverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Atlanta, Ga
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Anyone here had a recent Gobi delivery? My experience has not been good to this point: there was no mention of the wait times until after I had ordered and was told 10-12 week minimum. After 8 weeks, I used their email form. After no response for two days, I have now called and left and message with no response. I'm not sure if I can order a RTT for it yet because I'm not sure if it will arrive for my planned trip which is 13 weeks after order.

It seems like a superior product and should be at two to three times the price of many other racks. If I knew they wouldn't respond or provide a delivery date, I definitely would have gone with another brand.

Any suggestions?

McCannUSA

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Anderson, CA
Member #

Anyone here had a recent Gobi delivery? My experience has not been good to this point: there was no mention of the wait times until after I had ordered and was told 10-12 week minimum. After 8 weeks, I used their email form. After no response for two days, I have now called and left and message with no response. I'm not sure if I can order a RTT for it yet because I'm not sure if it will arrive for my planned trip which is 13 weeks after order.

It seems like a superior product and should be at two to three times the price of many other racks. If I knew they wouldn't respond or provide a delivery date, I definitely would have gone with another brand.

Any suggestions?
I wish I could say I had a Gobi delivery! I ordered mine November 10th and was told 12 to 16 weeks, I'm somewhere around 20 weeks now and can't get ahold of anyone at Gobi.

Reactions: JeepRubiconOverland

JeepRubiconOverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Atlanta, Ga
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
I wish I could say I had a Gobi delivery! I ordered mine November 10th and was told 12 to 16 weeks, I'm somewhere around 20 weeks now and can't get ahold of anyone at Gobi.
Hmmm. I just bought a Tepui RTT yesterday in hopes of getting my Gobi rack after 13 weeks. Doesn't sound like it is very likely to happen... Thanks for the information and good luck getting yours!

McCannUSA

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Anderson, CA
Member #

Hmmm. I just bought a Tepui RTT yesterday in hopes of getting my Gobi rack after 13 weeks. Doesn't sound like it is very likely to happen... Thanks for the information and good luck getting yours!
Thank you and good luck for you too! I did get an email from Gobi in December that didn't say anything about when my rack would be done but did state that they were doing a "major" electrical upgrade in there shop to help speed up production times in the future. I'm guessing there still working on it. lol

Vin

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Houston, Texas
Member #

I ordered my Gobi Rack on Thursday, September 21, 2017 and received the rack at my home on Friday, February 2, 2018. Total wait time was about 19 weeks between ordering (directly with Gobi) and delivery versus an estimate at time of order of 12-16 weeks. I had the same issues with regard to filling out their online information request form at 8-10 weeks with no follow up.

If you can get past the delay and communication frustrations, their product is fantastic and the install was simple and precise.

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

I'll never understand how they seem to be the only company in the industry that provides zero customer service and still remains in business. They remind me of the Seinfeld Soup Nazi episode where people just want their product so bad, they are willing to overlook all the BS. I wouldn't be surprised if they've figured out that spinning out 10 racks allows them to travel the world for X amount of time. Then they come back several months later, spin out another 10 racks and again head out to travel on the deposits for the next 10. I just tried to cancel an order with them recently for a single cross bar accessory that was taking 4 months. No replies to my requests to cancel so I stop payment on my credit card. They can deal with my CC company now and explain why they have a strike against them for non delivery. I'm done with Gobi.

thejoking__explorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Denver Co
Member #

C12CCD16-F05B-445A-8630-7DA60B774AC9.jpeg Ordered this back in November. It finally showed up today. I ordered this ladder from Trail Duty. After contacting them multiple times about needing to change my address on my order I never got a response. Finally once the ordered shipped ( to the wrong address and wrong state) and me telling them I was going to cancel my order with the CC they finallly responded. Moral of the story I know Gobi and their customer service sucks but just order directly through them!

Last edited:

McCannUSA

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Anderson, CA
Member #

View attachment 52608 Ordered this back in November. It finally showed up today. I ordered this ladder from Trail Duty. After contacting them multiple times about needing to change my address on my order I never got a response. Finally once the ordered shipped ( to the wrong address and wrong state) and me telling them I was going to cancel my order with the CC they finallly responded. Moral of the story I know Gobi and their customer service suck but jut order directly through them!
Glad to see you got your ladder. I think your lucky you did. Gobi is contacting everybody who has an order through trail duty, something is going on with them.

Reactions: thejoking__explorer

MagnoliaOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Owens Cross Roads, Madison County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

In reference to the above post the owner of TrailDuty has indeed passed away. Sad circumstances however I don't think the transition was handled well on Gobi's end. I placed an order for a ladder from Gobi on January 18th. They are now saying I have to pay them (even though I already paid Trail Duty) to have my ladder shipped and I can dispute the other charge with credit card company. I was told on my friday that my trail duty order could ship this week if I went ahead and paid. I decided to do so since i've already been waiting forever and the thought of going back to the back of the line didn't sound good. No word since.

McCannUSA

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Anderson, CA
Member #

In reference to the above post the owner of TrailDuty has indeed passed away. Sad circumstances however I don't think the transition was handled well on Gobi's end. I placed an order for a ladder from Gobi on January 18th. They are now saying I have to pay them (even though I already paid Trail Duty) to have my ladder shipped and I can dispute the other charge with credit card company. I was told on my friday that my trail duty order could ship this week if I went ahead and paid. I decided to do so since i've already been waiting forever and the thought of going back to the back of the line didn't sound good. No word since.
That does suck, lucky for you it was only the ladder. I know for me there is no way I could have paid for my whole rack twice! I bet there is going to be a whole bunch of unhappy people soon.

Txdiamond17

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Collierville, Tennessee
Member #

Ordered ours March 28. They told me 12-16 weeks. They also told me to plan on the 16 or more. I realize the wait sucks, but knowing up front helps. It’ll be a great surprise when it does get here, I have no deadline. I’ll wait on a quality US made product. So far they have answered me when I called. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

But.......I’ll probably be the one complaining about July when I get antsy waiting on it to come!!!

Sheepdog831

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Boulder Creek CA
Member #

Just a heads up guys. The gentleman who was the owner / operator of Trail Duty (Gobi distributor) passed away. I recently tried to order a product and they shared the news with me. They are very professional and are doing their best to help customers. By their advise I called my bank to dispute the order, get my money back and was asked to place my order directly with Gobi. I know this isn't directly related to ordering racks, but it will definitely effect you if you attempt to do business with Trail Duty. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news and this is shared with the utmost respect to all those effected by his loss.

Last edited:
Reactions: McCannUSA

JeepRubiconOverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Atlanta, Ga
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
OK, I finally got my Gobi rack and here are my thoughts:
1. The rack was produced in 16 weeks. If those times were listed on the page before I ordered, I could have planned appropriately. I was told after putting my order in of the long production times (and those times are listed on the order status form which I had no reason to visit before ordering).
2. Rack quality is excellent and fits my Jeep well.
3. Gobi never responded the two times I filled out the order status form or ever returned any messages I left on their phone. The only way I was able to get in touch with them was to start calling every 30 minutes until someone answered.
4. When they answer the phone, they are helpful and easy to deal with.
Overall scores: Rack design/production team: A+, Customer service team: D.

Last edited:
Reactions: McCannUSA