Go-pro knock off

• HTML tutorial

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc
I just copy and pasted this from another site im on. Bunch of guys bought it and have pretty good vids. So i decided to grab one. Should be here in the next week or so. Anyway for the price, and t he vids ive see, i figured why not.

I have this camera and it works pretty well for what it is and what it costs. Mounts to the go-pro windshield mount of course. Also has a dash-cam function that turns on the camera when it gets USB power and turns it off after writing out the files when the power is removed (turn off the truck).

Amazon link:
Use promo code "ZLXJNA63" on the checkout page to bring the price down to $39.99

I have no connection with the company other than as a customer. Just sharing in hopes someone finds it helpful.

EDIT: Here is a video shot from the gopro mount in my 3rd gen. The file is straight-out-of-the-camera. It's nearly 300MB for the three-minute video.

FYI, I'd recommend *downloading* the video rather than streaming it from Dropbox which seems to compress the video and affects the quality.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/77g2bc23fwidi8k/2016_1219_124202_007A.MOV?dl=0

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I'm gonna give one a shot, see how it looks. Promotion code applied, $13 discount. $40 for that kind of camera? Why not!

Thanks for posting this up, I can imagine mounting it on the front bar then controlling it with the USB power from inside the car simply by unplugging it or wiring a switch. Nice.

Reactions: scooterd58

michiganoverland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Michigan
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Howell
Member #

I snatched up two of them. I've been looking at the GoPro knock-offs and at the price these were at couldn't really pass them up. We've got one GoPro already, but I've been looking for a comparable cheaper replacement in case we bust one.

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

I also grabbed one. I have 3 of the Muvi K2 cameras, each have been picked up during differing lightning deals that Amazon has had. I'm a really big fan of these. But this one is even cheaper so why not. Thanks for the link man.

Reactions: Laughing Otter

TDGarage

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Morgan Hill, CA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Detch
Member #

Maybe I'm getting older because I used to not care but I'll pay a little more for quality and towards a company in the US versus something made by a company in China who's knocking off an American product. The new GoPro's are not that expensive, look sleeker and are smaller. I don't work for them but I'm starting to sympathize for the American manufacturing worker. OK, off my soapbox...

Teague

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fairview, TN
Member #

Mine came yesterday, it is packaged a lot better than I thought it would be. I charged it last night and threw in a micro sd. After formatting it, the first thing I did was turn the button beeping off. I'll take some videos today in different light levels. 20170116_232104.jpg 20170116_232113.jpg

Reactions: Raul B

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
Maybe I'm getting older because I used to not care but I'll pay a little more for quality and towards a company in the US versus something made by a company in China who's knocking off an American product. The new GoPro's are not that expensive, look sleeker and are smaller. I don't work for them but I'm starting to sympathize for the American manufacturing worker. OK, off my soapbox...
While in general I agree with you, but I have to say in this case, I'm pretty unimpressed with my GoPro Hero3+. It shuts off randomly, half the time the time date stamp is wrong, the bluetooth quits for no reason. These things are $400 plus and they don't seem to fix any issues, just introduce new models (which frequently still have the same issues). Their stock has been plummeting as of late and their drone had to be recalled so I am curious to see what else is out there as I think they are no longer at the top of their game.

Glenn

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

New Tazewell, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Cote
Member #

In the realm of "quality video" and features, Gopro is really not that expensive. I have a Gopro Session and LOVE IT. Never had issues and I beat the hell outta this thing. Takes beautiful footage and its very small. (No Screen)
For the price of this "sports camera" though?
I would just take it and do what I did ... strap it to your undercarriage and watch your suspension articulate on the trail. It was kool to watch... :tonguewink:

TOMB

Local Expert Central Valley CA

Explorer I

Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
I use the SJCAM 4000, and it works great. There are knock offs of knock offs. Especially on EBay and Amazon, so be careful. I ordered mine from B&H Photo to make sure I received an authentic one. $69.99 free shipping. It comes with waterproof case and multiple mounting hardware. You do need to buy memory.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc
So i dropped the ball on this a little. Life has gotten in the way a bit. I'm going out for a little shake down run Sunday with so.e buddies. I'm going to get some video and see if I can figure out how to post it up

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app