Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
My Dad's side of the family has had land, and later a cabin, way out past Warren on the South Fork of the Salmon since my Grandpa came back from WWII. It's my favorite place in the world to spend time, and I've traveled a lot.

I've been going to the cabin (and I do mean cabin, no electricity, real log building, you sleep out on the sleeping porches it's not some mansion with some stick tossed on the outside) since I was a kid. I did an Overland-ish trip there this last fall, and I can't wait to get back this spring.

This is up on Pilot Peak:

View attachment 135322

-TJ
Sounds like an amazing spot your family has!

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
I got the DV8 rear bumper installed and license plate lights wired during the beginning of the week. The bumper lights aren’t wired yet as I’m still deciding how I want those to be controlled and allow for any future off road lighting additions.

IMG_5530.JPG
IMG_5531.JPG

Really need to get my garage storage project finished...

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I got the DV8 rear bumper installed and license plate lights wired during the beginning of the week. The bumper lights aren’t wired yet as I’m still deciding how I want those to be controlled and allow for any future off road lighting additions.

View attachment 135461
View attachment 135462

Really need to get my garage storage project finished...
It lined up straight! Sweet.

I wired my LEDs with the cargo light.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Did you run a relay up to the cargo light wires or did you wire them straight in?
I wired them to the same oem wires I used for the bed lighting which is also tied to the cargo lamp. There is an unused harness behind the drivers tail light that GM uses for the factory bed lighting option. Tap into that. :) If you crawl under the truck on the side and look up behind the tail light you'll see the connector just hanging there.

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
A little setback on the Victory 4x4 bed rack. I couldn’t for the life of me determine how the stake picket mounts would work without forcing me to trim the plastic rail caps.

Turns out that’s because they were fabricated incorrectly. Replacement are on their way next week and I’ll post pictures of the correct and incorrect mounts for others to be aware of.

On a side note the incorrect ones could be ground down to work correctly if someone has the tools and wants to save $100 on the mounts let me know. They offered to refund the price if I wanted to mod the originals to work. I just don’t have the tools to do so.

Reactions: JCWages

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
After some back and forth with Victory 4x4 we were able to get the correct brackets shipped out. There were some fabrication issues, but their customer service was top notch and once I had all of the correct pieces the bed rack went together nicely. A rooftop tent is on order from 23Zero and should be ready for us to pick up in SLC in early March. At this point, I am already thinking about some OME leaf springs as the rear is leveled out without the bed even being loaded up. The weight of the DV8 bumper and Victory bed rack seems to be enough to flatten those stock rear leaf springs more than I expected.

IMG_5730.jpg
IMG_5728.jpg
IMG_5731.jpg

Reactions: JCWages and reaver

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
The 23zero RTT that we ordered in February arrived on Friday. We were originally going to drive to SLC for pick up, but with the stay at home orders, we opted for delivery.

media.jpg
media.jpg
media.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JCWages and reaver

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Excuse my ignorance, but this is not in idaho, correct? That is a stunning view!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Silver tin has some really neat places to explore... I love the Hurricane Creek Trail... I used to drive it two to three times a year when I lived up by GJ.

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
Stopped in Moab for the weekend on our way back home to Idaho and put the Canyon through it’s over on a few moderate trails. The next addition will be some skid plates after scraping the hitch on one of the taller ledges.

824A20B9-A872-4E48-8254-A2C6E4AF890A.jpeg
5BFDE83F-0829-45AC-93B4-ACD5C3007DDC.jpeg
896E6F05-AE4F-4A10-8FA6-3BA175448AC0.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: reaver and M Rose

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
Has been a while since we've made any additions to the Canyon. I've had this set of steel CBI skid plates ready to install for several months, but didn't have the time with some family obligations.

Installation over the weekend went fairly smoothly once I picked up a set of carriage bolts that were missing from my order. The OEM front bumper cover did require some trimming as the front plate extends forward and wraps up towards the nose of the vehicle.

E34F129C-CED0-416F-BD96-BA1A17FB3B73_1_105_c.jpeg
A4D25187-834D-4CDD-B58B-B8D012404857_1_105_c.jpeg

Reactions: madcratebuilder

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
Added Comms to my rig in the form of a Yaesu FTM-300DR ham radio and have GMRS in the rig as well. Passed my Technician exam this morning and will have a callsign shortly.

Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 1.25.08 PM.png

Reactions: reaver