Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
This is my first 4x4 and I am brand new to Overlanding. This 2018 truck was purchased for exploring Idaho, Utah, and Colorado. We spend a lot of time in the outdoors getting to places for the activities we enjoy; rock climbing, hiking, mountain biking, snowboarding, and for my photography business. I have been spending a lot of time as we all do, deciding on the future list of modifications to make.

Current

Additions
  • Yokohama Geolandar AT G015 P255/75/17
  • Tyger Trifold Tonneau Cover
  • Air dam removed and will reverse install for longer highway trips
  • Line-X Premium (Line-X of Boise)
Planned Changes
  • Superskidz aluminum skid plate set
  • Looking for rock sliders (waiting on 589 Fabrication)
  • Deciding between Go Fast Camper and mid-rack with 23Zero RTT
Gear
  • Three container setup with Plano 1519s for sleeping, camp kitchen, and general camping equipment
  • Ryobi 40v Electric Chainsaw
  • Boulder Gear Deflators
  • Smittybilt 2781 Air Compressor

Last edited:

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
Guys are reporting 1-2 mpg with the dam at freeway speeds. How much lift/trim to get the 265/75's to fit without rubbing?

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
I did some exploring around Silverton, CO. The passes are all still closed and another foot of snow is forecast for this week. I drove out 110 until the road closes at the junction for Hurricane Pass and out 2 until it was closed at the slide complex near Eureka Gulch. These photos are from one of the deeper slide paths along CR-110. I came back the day after to dig in this debris as part of an Avalanche Partner Rescue course from Silverton Avalanche School. I think this was either Topeka or Ohio gulch if I am remembering correctly.
image_50406913.JPG

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
Today I got the Geolandar G015 255/75R17 tires installed on the stock rims with no lift or level. It rides great on the pavement and I couldn't get any rubbing to occur on the way home. Looking forward to getting these new tires on to dirt.

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
We were rear-ended in Salt Lake City on New Year’s morning. Welcome to 2020...

On the upside there will be several changes coming in the next week or so including a new bumper.

8F933B0A-EEC9-42C9-92D4-17E0639C1CDD-Damage-3.jpg

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
We were rear-ended in Salt Lake City on New Year’s morning. Welcome to 2020...

On the upside there will be several changes coming in the next week or so including a new bumper.

View attachment 133524
Yikes dude! That sucks! If you can find a welder locally that would help you out, or know how to do it yourself, I'd recommend looking at move bumpers.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Just getting caught up. Nice video. You shoukd do some voice over commentary. :)

The DV8 bumper install is pretty straight forward. There are no provisions to hold the lighting wires so I used zip ties. If you buy some of those square 3m zip tie holder stickers that would really help. I wire the bumper LEDs to my cargo light but you may want to put them on a separate switch.

Reactions: OutsideSeth

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
Can't wait to see it all set up!

Bumper is on, pictures to follow soon. Those license plate lights they include are about the chintziest pieces of plastic I've ever seen, but I am also not seeing any better options.
You ever get out in the Payette National Forest area?

-TJ
Yeah, we love it up that way. We’ve explored around Upper Payette Lake and then out around the Warm Lake area.

In the winter we spend a lot of time at Tamarack snowboarding.

Reactions: JCWages

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Bumper is on, pictures to follow soon. Those license plate lights they include are about the chintziest pieces of plastic I've ever seen, but I am also not seeing any better options.

Yeah, we love it up that way. We’ve explored around Upper Payette Lake and then out around the Warm Lake area.

I noticed that. Then I noticed everyone else uses them too. lol They are pretty bright though.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

My Dad's side of the family has had land, and later a cabin, way out past Warren on the South Fork of the Salmon since my Grandpa came back from WWII. It's my favorite place in the world to spend time, and I've traveled a lot.

I've been going to the cabin (and I do mean cabin, no electricity, real log building, you sleep out on the sleeping porches it's not some mansion with some stick tossed on the outside) since I was a kid. I did an Overland-ish trip there this last fall, and I can't wait to get back this spring.

This is up on Pilot Peak:

1579044259362.png

-TJ

Reactions: Wallygator