Rank IV

Advocate III

Dallas, Georgia, United States
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Hello everyone, my name is Andrew I live in Dallas, Ga., the now famous Paulding county thanks COVID, I am new to overland but been camping hiking and off-road for years. Looking forward to start some adventures soon.

Attachments

Fly_hippie

Rank III
Launch Member

Member II

Dawson County, GA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Reed- my only advice is to take a few short trips to work the kinks of of your rig and your set up. Although, I've been running my Jeep for 15 years and I still make tweeks after most every trip. Download iOverlander it's a good resource. Try the Nimblewill Gap area, lots of dirt roads around Suches and Helen. These are fairly well maintained forest service roads that'll make you pucker every so often. Be happy to give you more if you need more info.

Reactions: Wildmanreed

Wildmanreed

Rank IV

Advocate III

Dallas, Georgia, United States
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Reed- my only advice is to take a few short trips to work the kinks of of your rig and your set up. Although, I've been running my Jeep for 15 years and I still make tweeks after most every trip. Download iOverlander it's a good resource. Try the Nimblewill Gap area, lots of dirt roads around Suches and Helen. These are fairly well maintained forest service roads that'll make you pucker every so often. Be happy to give you more if you need more info.
Sounds good I have a friend who just an 85 military blazer and east to test it as well so we are planning to go out soon I will check out the area you say. Once I get going good I will let you know

Darthbaggins

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Acworth, GA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Cromartie
Member #

Thanks, might take you up on that, I know I need to work on the evap system wiring in the rear since it got melted thanks to my exhaust cooking the wiring when it broke in a section while driving back to GA from MA. Also I know I'm over-due to knock out the Timing Belt and water-pump (not looking forward to that since it is a PITA) along with the valve cover gaskets. Aside from that I need to deal with registration from MA to GA - means I need to have it inspected again since it expired since the last time I had it done a year ago when I was going to move the registration to GA (I can get it to pass and force it to skip the evap check on the monitors if I need to - I have a pocket scanner so I know what is set etc).

ZJ Fred 1986

Rank II

Contributor III

Kingsland, GA, USA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Saunders
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Hi my name is Fred and I'm in Kingsland Ga. Just starting out. Just bought a 1994 Jeep ZJ and I am looking forward to building it up. Currently just getting everything sorted out mechanically. Upgrades should start in a month or so hopefully. Looking forward to being part of the community.

Attachments

Halfbreed_Ovrlandr

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Evans, GA
Member #

Bunch of places right up the road from you not to far away. First place that comes to mind is Beasley Knob OHV in Blairsville, GA not to mention a great deal of the GA traverse

Reactions: ZJ Fred 1986

ZJ Fred 1986

Rank II

Contributor III

Kingsland, GA, USA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Saunders
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Bunch of places right up the road from you not to far away. First place that comes to mind is Beasley Knob OHV in Blairsville, GA not to mention a great deal of the GA traverse
Is the Georgia traverse and the Georgia adventure Trail the same route? I know there are some routes in north Georgia that have peaked my interest. Im hoping to start doing some weekend excursions the end of February. Right now I'm just trying to get everything mechanically sorted on my jeep and then get a 3.5 inch lift with 31" tires. I figure that's enough to get me started.