Launch Member

Influencer II

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Chan
Member #

I'd like to see when folks might be interested in a social meetup, either at a restaurant that's easy to get to and/or a trail we could enjoy together afterwards. As one of the newer members here, I'd like to meet others who have more overlanding experience. In the spirit of sharing and supporting each other in this lifestyle, I think it would be a cool excuse to get together.

Who's in?

@Eddie Law
@AdventureWithDanan

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

I'd like to see when folks might be interested in a social meetup, either at a restaurant that's easy to get to and/or a trail we could enjoy together afterwards. As one of the newer members here, I'd like to meet others who have more overlanding experience. In the spirit of sharing and supporting each other in this lifestyle, I think it would be a cool excuse to get together.

Who's in?

@Eddie Law
@AdventureWithDanan
I'm in for sure. Just tell me when and where. I'll need advanced notice to get authorization to attend lol.

Reactions: Sturmjaeger

RedClay

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Townsend, Georgia, United States
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
I'm a new member (Hi yall!) and can volunteer to host the meetup north of Atlanta in Canton. I'm one of the owners of Reformation Brewery and can likely pull some strings to get us a room at our Canton location. It's up I-575 from Atlanta and on the way to Jasper, Ellijay, Blue Ridge and all the N. Ga mountain goodness. Let me know if people want to meet up and I'll work to see what I can do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike harpe

Sturmjaeger

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Chan
Member #

Awesome. Can we narrow down some dates? For this first meetup, we can take baby steps if needed and build on that as we roll along.

So, date range/window first. What sounds good?

RedClay

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
Do you all want to meet at RB in Canton? If so, I can check on dates I can get the room. I'm assuming evening, but mornings or afternoons are really easy to set up if you'd all prefer.

RedClay

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
With the holidays it gets tough to schedule, but I'll throw two dates out to see if there are any preferences.

November 23rd
December 13th

Both are Saturdays, and we could meet-up in the early or mid-afternoon. I'll offer up Reformation Brewery in Canton. We have ample parking and plenty of room if the group gets big.

Alternatively, we could pick a restaurant someplace, but if there are more than a few it gets hard to socialize.

If I don't hear anything I'll just throw up a meetup invitation on Rally Point for one of the dates to see if people respond.

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

With the holidays it gets tough to schedule, but I'll throw two dates out to see if there are any preferences.

November 23rd
December 13th

Both are Saturdays, and we could meet-up in the early or mid-afternoon. I'll offer up Reformation Brewery in Canton. We have ample parking and plenty of room if the group gets big.

Alternatively, we could pick a restaurant someplace, but if there are more than a few it gets hard to socialize.

If I don't hear anything I'll just throw up a meetup invitation on Rally Point for one of the dates to see if people respond.
I'm good with either one.

thewayhomeadventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
Im in. I can do either date too. New member here as well currently in Marietta.

I’ll vote on 23 November just because it’s sooner!

RedClay

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
November 23rd it is at Reformation Brewery in Canton, GA. It is located at 141 Railroad street, Suite 500. You'll have to work your way along the Etowah River past the Autozone as The Mill that the brewery is located in is still under construction.

I've booked our event room in case we want it, and we'll block off the 10,000 sqft concrete patio space next to the brewery if people want to show off their rig and we want to do some walk-arounds. We'll start at 1pm and I've reserved the space until 4pm. I'll post a meet-up event on Rally Point soon.

RedClay

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
If anyone wants a place to setup for overnight in the area let me know and I'll see what I can do (no promises at this late date!).

I know a few landowners around here that might be willing to let you open up the tent for the evening.

Oh, and please RSVP in the Rally Point if you plan on coming. Drop-ins will fo course be okay on this, but it sure helps to tell the brewery what to expect in terms of numbers so that they can have more servers there if it is a big crowd.

Last edited:

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

How do you respond in really point. I cant figure it out. Help a man learn how to fish

ThatMike057

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Georgia, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Martinson
Member #

I just RSVP'd, see you all there as long as nothing happens! I'm down for camping as well if that get's organized. Might bring a friend with a jeep, if he can make it; trying to convince him to join OB.

RedClay

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
Hey everyone! New to overlanding+new member. Im in! see you all on the 23rd! Going to RSVP i will reach out if i cant figure it out.
It'll be great to meet you!

Here's a direct link to the Rally Point. Just go to that page and look for the RSVP button. Apologies to any graphic artists out there....but the big red arrow evidently drawn by a first-grader points to the RSVP button.

Annotation 2019-11-12 195551.jpg