Georgia Overland

• HTML tutorial

Tim N Michele Davis

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Hartselle Al
Member #

We did the Georgia Transverse with 4 vehicles and it proved to be a great adventure. We started in Dillard Georgia and went west from there to Eton Georgia. Several sections were closed due to all the rain so we had to bypass them but other than that it went rather smoothly. Charlies Creek had several nice water crossing as you will see in the video below, with plenty of backwoods trails to follow. I highly recommend this trail to anyone in the area it is well worth it!

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

Me and a friend went to Overland Expo East and came back from Asheville to Birmingham via the Traverse...We were lucky that we only had 1 small section we had to bypass. We took 4 days, stopping to camp to get back to Birmingham.. It's a great route.

Last edited:

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

Is the traverse open enough for an F-250 to get through.
yes, Most of it is forest roads. As you can see in the picture Me in my Jeep and my buddy in his 80 series did the whole thing. If you are starting from the north and going south towards Alabama when you get to the northern side of Tray Mountain it gets a bit tricky climbing up the step ups. That was the only time that I needed it to be 4wd. It's plenty wide enough.

F.S.Overland

Rank 0

Contributor I

Georgia
I updated my profile pic to show my rig. I work out of the country. I’m usually only home for 35 days for vacation, so I don’t get much time to get out. My last trip home, I finished the lift and the Nav system. I’ve been interested in making a trip up there but my big concern is that I’m not set up yet for any sort of self recovery if I get stuck.