Townsend, Georgia, United States
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
Join us if you can! We'll be able to park our rigs up on the large patio for walk-arounds if you want to share how you roll with other members, and we have a private room right next to the patio reserved for Overland Bound.

Hope to meet you there!

Last edited:

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

How do I respond to say I'm going? Does this count? I'm going lol

thewayhomeadventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
I’m going for sure and just responded in the Rally Point. I have two buddies that are interested in going as well but aren’t OB members....yet. Do they need to join to be able to come?

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

I’m going for sure and just responded in the Rally Point. I have two buddies that are interested in going as well but aren’t OB members....yet. Do they need to join to be able to come?
How do you respond in really point? I cant figure it out.

thewayhomeadventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
How do you respond in really point? I cant figure it out.
I clicked on the “View Rally Point” button in the first post and it took me to a page in the mobile version that had three buttons at the bottom where I could select that I was going.

thewayhomeadventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
Mike,
8ADC7488-5D2C-4E28-B04D-19547F489439.png
Try the yellow button there. A few posts up. Then the bottom Of your screen should say “Going” “Not Going” or “Conversation “

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

[emoji2357][emoji2357][emoji2357] I dont know how I missed this.

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

Shit. I just remembered I am attending a wedding that weekend [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959] when would the next one be? Wedding is in cartersville but that's the day of said wedding. Sonofabitch

RedClay

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
when would the next one be?
It's up to all of us. I'm more than happy to host one monthly at the brewery if the interest is there. It's only five minutes from my house and I have an 'in' at the brewery ;)

By the way, I've sent an email to David Giguere, who mapped out the Georgia Traverse, to see if he'd be interested in dropping in to talk about the Traverse and his experience mapping it out. I doubt he'll make it on short notice, but I thought it'd be fun to try.

RedClay

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
Thanks for getting this going!
Sure, my pleasure.

Does anyone know the rules about meetups? Specifically, I can get the brewery to list the meetup on their 'events' calendar if it is okay to push to 'outsiders'. I know I have several people I've spoken with who are overlanders (or highly interested) who want to stop by. If we publish on the brewery's social media it will likely pull in some 'interested but not involved' people.

Is that good or bad? Part of me thinks 'let's keep this first one to a smaller group', but part of me wants to get a larger (a couple of dozen) people to show up.

Thoughts?

Reactions: eagle_A40

VW-TREG-

Rank 0

Contributor I

Savannah GA
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Martinez
Whats up all- see you there. Any chance we hit any trails pre/post meet? Would like to get my feet wet. There are 0 hills in savannah.

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Sure, my pleasure.

Does anyone know the rules about meetups? Specifically, I can get the brewery to list the meetup on their 'events' calendar if it is okay to push to 'outsiders'. I know I have several people I've spoken with who are overlanders (or highly interested) who want to stop by. If we publish on the brewery's social media it will likely pull in some 'interested but not involved' people.

Is that good or bad? Part of me thinks 'let's keep this first one to a smaller group', but part of me wants to get a larger (a couple of dozen) people to show up.

Thoughts?
Clay, the Meet-up is yours to do as you'd like. It's helping the Overland Community.

I'd like to attend if I can make it.
I had plans to visit my SIL, who is working in South Caroline and was going to try to attend the Caroline Meet & Greet while I was there. Although I found out that my daughter is going to visit him, so I don't want to get in there way, if you know what I mean. :smiley:

RedClay

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
Whats up all- see you there. Any chance we hit any trails pre/post meet? Would like to get my feet wet. There are 0 hills in savannah.
There are a ton of trails not far away. If you can get up early enough you could get up to some good forest service roads for a few miles before you turn towards Canton. It's about an hour from the brewery to Amicalola Falls and all the forest service roads around there like Nimblewill Gap Road to Marion via Old Bucktown Road (34.56317, -84.14083 ). You could easily meet at 8, run up there by 9, drive for two or three hours and still get back by the start at 1.

Also, a food truck will be at the brewery at 4pm (so we'll need to move our rigs off the patio by then), but it's a real good BBQ truck so there is compensation for having to move them by 3:45.

Last edited:

VW-TREG-

Rank 0

Contributor I

Savannah GA
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Martinez
There are a ton of trails not far away. If you can get up early enough you could get up to some good forest service roads for a few miles before you turn towards Canton. It\'s about an hour from the brewery to Amicalola Falls and all the forest service roads around there like Nimblewill Gap Road to Marion via Old Bucktown Road (34.56317, -84.14083 ). You could easily meet at 8, run up there by 9, drive for two or three hours and still get back by the start at 1.

Also, a food truck will be at the brewery at 4pm (so we\'ll need to move our rigs off the patio by then), but it\'s a real good BBQ truck so there is compensation for having to move them by 3:45.
Sweet! Good to know! Will deffinately be doing that thanks for the info!!