Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
I am going to try to come stop by this meetup. Are a lot of people bringing setups?
Also, okay to bring kids?

I’m in the beginning stages of my project, so looking forward to seeing some different ideas.
I’m brining both my rig and my kid and pregnant wife! Hope to see you there!

RedClay

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Townsend, Georgia, United States
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
I’m brining both my rig and my kid and pregnant wife! Hope to see you there!

Kids are definitely welcome. The brewery itself is super family-friendly and also dog friendly. The meetup, of course, welcomes both 'cause both are part of Overlanding :)

Pregnant wives...well that's a 'use your best judgment' kind of situation when it comes to going Overlanding. It can be a long way to a delivery room! But they are definitely welcome at the meetup and I look forward to meeting all the shotgun partners who want to come.

I'm bringing my nekked rig. I just picked it up yesterday and it only has half a mod so far. I might be able to get my old rig set up there as well, but it's hard to put energy into that instead of working on the new ride!

Looks like it'll be spitting rain, but that's no problem for us. I'm hoping we can get most of the rigs up on the huge concrete patio, but even if we can't it is twenty steps to the parking lot.

Feel free to bring something to throw on your rig's cooking system if you are so inclined and want to show off you skills. No need to, of course. But I think I'll bring the gear to boil some peanuts or something. We'll see how the weather is looking by afternoon.

RedClay

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
Looking forward to seeing everyone today. It looks like the rain will start slacking off about when we get started but don't let that keep you away! We should be able to park six or eight of the rigs under the covered part of the patio.

If you are in the area please still drop by. No need for the RSVP or anything, just drop in and say hello.

RedClay

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
Awesome day with awesome people! Thanks to everyone who came out, it was truly great to meet each and every one of you! There was a wide variety of rigs out there today, and every one of them taught me something about Overlanding. Thanks to Matt (@FrontierMatt) for coming early to help set up and showing off his new RTT.

I wanted to send a special thanks to David Giguere, who originally mapped out the Georgia Traverse route, for joining us and talking about the route, how he mapped it, and what we can do to keep it available.

We'll figure out when the Forest Service Roads open back up (likely March), and schedule a Trail Cleanup to go do our part. David gave me a gift to give to someone associated with the Cleanup, so I'll work on a contest (probably most lbs of trash collected) to win the prize!

In the meantime, we'll get the December Meetup scheduled and begin a conversation about some quick Rallys for people who want to roll out together. I'll work on the logistics for a trip out to Flagstaff for Overland Expo West May 15 - 17 so that those who want to go can get tickets.

Overall great Meetup which exceeded my expectations for the quality of the conversations and relationships we began.

mmp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lugoff, SC, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Powell
Member #

Sorry I missed this. Hopefully I can make it to one of the other meet ups and get to know everyone.

RedClay

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
I'll set up the Rally Point for December 14 today. We can't get the private room at the brewery due to high holiday party demand, but we can still meet and do a rig walk. I think we'll make it two-part, with a rally ride over Nimblewill Gap before returning to Reformation Brewery at 1:00 for a pint. Thoughts?

thewayhomeadventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
I'll set up the Rally Point for December 14 today. We can't get the private room at the brewery due to high holiday party demand, but we can still meet and do a rig walk. I think we'll make it two-part, with a rally ride over Nimblewill Gap before returning to Reformation Brewery at 1:00 for a pint. Thoughts?
I’m in. Sounds great.