Georgia Adventure Trail

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

TheBeardedSam

Rank IV

Advocate III

Norman Park, GA
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN4OSP
I have been working on this trail a little here and a little there. So far I have done the Florida border to Lakeland, GA and the Enigma, GA (Hwy 82) to Rochelle, GA (Hwy 280). Each of these sections took about 1.5-2hours. Good Clay graded roads and some soft sandy roads. All done in the comfort of the 2015 Subaru Forrester. Dry as a bone. Only obstacles were navigation and downed limbs in some of the roads. Some of the sandier roads had pretty deep ruts, but nothing bad. Hopefully I can get some time over the summer to take full day/overnight trips to cover bigger portions.

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

TheBeardedSam

Rank IV

Advocate III

Norman Park, GA
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN4OSP
I forgot to update that I navigated as my wife drove the Lakeland to Enigma Section. It took about 1.25 hours. Some nice long dirt roads. She got some good experience with AWD and sand. Roads ranged from washboard to sugary sand. No mud cause we haven’t had much rain. Hopefully headed up to some of the more Middle GA sections soon.

Reactions: Vman1313 Adventures

Vman1313 Adventures

Rank V

Advocate III

Maysville, GA, USA
Member #

Hey guys! Sorry I didnt see this thread earlier. Yes, I created The GAT in hopes of having a North to South route. The route is nothing hard UNLESS IT RAINS, then GA Red Clay (and WHITE CLAY) gets unpredictable. I am on version #2 but have asked to not make the file public just YET because I want to take kinks, closures, and any other major problems out before making public. Too many crazies go around gates or thru private property which ruins it for eveyrone. I am hoping Verison 3 or psosibly 4 will go public on January 1, 2020....HOPEFULLY!!!

Hit me up on FB for GPX File.

Please Post Problems, Questions, and/or Pics Here...Illkeep an eye out.

Be Safe, Be Respectful, & Happy Trails