Gen 3 Tacoma Sliders

• HTML tutorial

Asa Farquhar

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Omaha, Nebraska
Member #

Looking for any advice on sliders to get for my 2016 Tacoma, I had a few close calls in Colorado and Utah last year and know the protection will be worth it... and the step will be nice.

I know I want bolt on and have narrowed it down to RCI or CBI... or possibly something else if anyone has had a great experience with another company. I do not want to weld anything on.

This is the link to the RCI: http://www.rcimetalworks.com/2016-Tacoma-Rock-Sliders-TACO-16-06.htm
This is the link to the CBI: http://www.cbioffroadfab.com/products/3rd-gen-toyota-tacoma/bolt-on-rock-sliders-3rd-gen-tacoma-2/

Thanks in advance for any info or opinions.

-Asa

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

Yeah rock sliders are on my list my factory steps took a hit this past weekend could have been worse. I am looking at some sliders then modify to fit my 03 Burb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Dana

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

I don't have sliders yet but I have ordered bumpers from 4x4labs. Have you looked into thier stuff? Luke the owner is a great guy. I am not sure if he does Tacoma stuff but it might be worth calling. Anyway good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: TWT

OverlandHiker

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger II

Livermore, CA
First Name
Bennett
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6LPD
Take a look at MobTown Offroad. They build a bolt on slider for the Tacoma that is top notch. Very strong and they have engineered a very strong boxed chassis mount that isn't found on some of the other bolt on options. I have these on my 2nd gen Tacoma and couldn't be happier.

Reactions: bajatacoguy

bajatacoguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Portsmouth NH
First Name
John
Last Name
Lomastro
Member #

Take a look at MobTown Offroad. They build a bolt on slider for the Tacoma that is top notch. Very strong and they have engineered a very strong boxed chassis mount that isn't found on some of the other bolt on options. I have these on my 2nd gen Tacoma and couldn't be happier.
Definitely these guys!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

JusCampin

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Roseville, California
Member #

I'm getting the Mobtown sliders. Seems like the best design for a bolt-on.

Reactions: boss324