• HTML tutorial

thejoking__explorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Denver Co
Member #

Hello everyone,

I will be headed to Gatlinburg TN on Friday for a few days. Looking to get some info on the best off-road trails, hikes and views. I will be in my 2017 4runner. Any information would be great!

Thanks

Ben Gagne

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

I am also interested in this area, be watching this thread. I’ll be making my way from western NC over to TN at the end of the month.

Razrrila99

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Comer
Member #

Im of no help on the trails, as last I went through I had only my Impala. However, if you would like something fun to do for a morning: rafting on the Big Pigeon river in Gatlinburg is a great fun time. Its not a highly technical one either.

Following this thread as I never know when Ill head back east. Its a BEAUTIFUL area.

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
I haven't been to the Smokies in years, but there are several routes you can take depending on how much time you've got. Here is a link to one of the dual sport business websites that has five different routes listed. Dual Sport Day Trips Great Smoky Mountains | GSM Motorent . They all start and end in Townsend, but are within easy reach of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.

I've done both of the Cherohala routes and enjoyed them, but again, its been years, so I'm no help on how they are currently. The other three that are listed are on the list for a TBD trip. Probably next summer. None of them are on the scale of what you're used to out West, but they're not bad for getting away from (most) of the crowds in and around the NP.