Last Name
Waddell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7GYU
Service Branch
United States Army
‘Yes.
If you go to the Garmin website you’ll see that they have launched “The Tread” which incorporates the InReach as well as a bunch of additional features including mvum maps and iOverlander. There are also several screen sizes to choose from and the price goes up accordingly..

The original overlander is still available.
That Tread XL Overlander 10" looks neat. Rather pricey though.

enjoitheride

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Ohio, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
W
Member #

I like the integration of inReach in the new Tread. However, I still wouldn’t ditch my physical mini. I have a inquiry in with Garmin about the omission of the backup camera functionality. They are taking emails of people, so they can keep track of who really wants them. Weird that they didn’t include this. Maybe a software fix will solve the issue. I’m wondering if they are working on new cameras, also.

enjoitheride

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Ohio, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
W
Member #

My pretty much new Overlander is listed in the for sale thread. Picked up the tread.
I’d really be interested in why you decided to go with the tread and how you like it..
Needed a new inReach. Liked the group ride radio function. Liked the dog tracking function. Nothing too crazy with my reasons.

As far as liking it; I’m not sure yet. It just showed up, so I haven’t even set it up yet.

Reactions: smlobx

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
More important for hunters I suppose.
I use it on Gaia more than I thought I would. Comes in handy when hitting unknown trails and you wonder into a field and you see No Trespassing. Or really anytime you're unsure where you are/if you're on public land. Out here east of the Mississippi It's a bit of an issue. I consult that particular Layer then to figure out if I need to double back or not.