FXTourer - 2018 Subaru Forester XT Touring Rig

• HTML tutorial

OzarksAGD

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello OB fam!

We've got a 2018 Subaru Forester XT Touring with some minor modifications, mainly centered around capability and protection. This goal for this car is to be a great daily, great for long road trips, and to be just capable enough to get to 99% of places that we want to go. It's not a rock crawler or a hard core trail rig, and that's what we want!

Getting the Fozzy ready for our first expedition. We're leaving tomorrow for Fayetteville -> Vail -> Santa Fe > Fayetteville.

Preparations:
17 x 8 +35 O.Z. Superturismo GT Black
235/65r17 Hankook Dynapro AT-M
1.5" Anderson Design lift kit w/ rear alignment spacers
Primitive racing front, middle, and rear skid plates
Nameless Axleback with 4" mufflers (removed)
Rally Armor mud flaps w/ grey logo
Weathertech floor liners
OEM sports grill
OEM rain guards
Lamin-x yellow fog light cover
Dipped fog light covers black
Traded rocker trim with Premium model (no chrome)
Yakima crossbars
Self organized recovery and emergency gear - ongoing

The rig:

First trip:

Feel free to follow me on instagram as @agdabney to follow on any trips.

Last edited:

Connor Barnett

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Henderson, KY, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Barnett
Member #

Killer Foz man! It looks like its going to be an awesome trip! how do you like the primitive racing skid plates? I am thinking about getting a set for my Outback.

Reactions: OzarksAGD

OzarksAGD

Rank 0

Traveler I

Killer Foz man! It looks like its going to be an awesome trip! how do you like the primitive racing skid plates? I am thinking about getting a set for my Outback.
Thanks man! I like the Primitive plates a lot. I've had them on two Subarus now. The install is easy with basic hand tools if you don't mind working under the car. All the holes line up perfectly and fitment is excellent. Highly recommend.

Reactions: Terry Pickens

Connor Barnett

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Henderson, KY, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Barnett
Member #

Thanks man! I like the Primitive plates a lot. I've had them on two Subarus now. The install is easy with basic hand tools if you don't mind working under the car. All the holes line up perfectly and fitment is excellent. Highly recommend.
Awesome, I am glad to hear that! Hopefully I will be ordering a set here soon!

Reactions: OzarksAGD

Preston Lyons

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Arvada, CO, USA
First Name
Preston
Last Name
Lyons
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Sweet ride. This is what I want to start doing on my Forester. How does the turbo hold up at high altitudes?

Last edited: