Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I imagine military recruitment is going to skyrocket like it did in 2009-2010.
Not sure if they id it at MCRD San Diego as well (probably did) but for sure MCRD Parris Island is closed down and are accepting no more recruits. They're just working on getting what they have though and into the fleet or on to various training schools. I'm sure it will pickup later but if people are looking to join the military right now they're probably going to run into some serious delays.

I'm lucky, I work in public safety and we're not letting anyone take time off unless it was pre scheduled but a lot of people are canceling because all their trip plans are up in smoke. We've got almost 70 people out of our 250ish person department are currently on isolation due to exposures to those with the virus and we've had a handful of positive tests. That means a lot of us are currently working 48 on 24 off until they get out of their isolation period and can pick up the slack, lots of overtime that since we are in a state of emergency will get paid back via FEMA and state funds. But it's not long term sustainable. Eventually the gov will run out of tax money especially at the lower levels. Can't generate sales tax if no one is spending money and for states that do income tax you can't get income tax if no one is making an income.

My wife's job is non essential and the business as far as dog training is shut down. The store front is still open since pet supplies are considered essential but my wife doesn't work that side. When all this kicked off the business owner stated they don't have the funds to last more than 3-6 weeks before they'll probably have to shutter their business. THey've applied for the various gov grants out there to keep the business afloat but not sure what's going to happen there. My wife is doing what she can to make up the difference in online classes.