Full-size truck from Tracy - Ca (Norcal-ish)

• HTML tutorial

anotheraznguy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Tracy, Ca
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZN
Rig: 2016 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4
Overland Experience: Novice at best

I have very little overland / offroad experience. Previously we did drifting on tracks but since starting a family of 2 young ones our love for anything with wheels has continued to something a little more family friendly. We have done a bit of off-roading but am looking for more overlanding experience and camping to bring the great outdoors to our little ones. Hopefully I can meet some new people and go on adventures with everyone.

Always down for a bit of adventure!

And now for some arbitrary pictures from one of our recent adventures. We tend to pack light as we don't want to invest in anything till we got a plan of attack.

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

Another full-size rig Nice things a beast! Welcome there are several of us from Tracy! I started doing all the local OHV parks like Carnagie, Frank Raines and Hollister Hills to get a feel for how the suburban would do and it's pretty capable really just have to accept pint striping when offroading in a full-size.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using OB Talk mobile app

Last edited:

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Rig: 2016 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4
Overland Experience: Novice at best

I have very little overland / offroad experience. Previously we did drifting on tracks but since starting a family of 2 young ones our love for anything with wheels has continued to something a little more family friendly. We have done a bit of off-roading but am looking for more overlanding experience and camping to bring the great outdoors to our little ones. Hopefully I can meet some new people and go on adventures with everyone.

Always down for a bit of adventure!

And now for some arbitrary pictures from one of our recent adventures. We tend to pack light as we don't want to invest in anything till we got a plan of attack.

Hey Randy and welcome to OB. Nice rig and setup! Safe travels and enjoy the open road!

anotheraznguy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Tracy, Ca
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZN
Thanks for the warm welcome. And yeah although the truck is just a bit older than 1 yr it already has some pinstriping up near the top of the cab. Also has some rock rash on the wheels as well. My main thought process when out and about is to make sure I dont damage the body. Most likely looking at sliders and getting rid of the amp power steps soon.

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

Thanks for the warm welcome. And yeah although the truck is just a bit older than 1 yr it already has some pinstriping up near the top of the cab. Also has some rock rash on the wheels as well. My main thought process when out and about is to make sure I dont damage the body. Most likely looking at sliders and getting rid of the amp power steps soon.
I am in the same boat due to the length of the burb need some sliders for protecting the body. Also had issues with scraping my hitch had to do a 2" lift and now have much better departure angles. Hit my running board recently and luckily bent the rubber and not the brackets it ended up froming back! Anyways I always down for a weekend adventure as well and always good to roll with other full-sized rigs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

anotheraznguy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Tracy, Ca
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZN
Thanks for the love. Having a full size truck makes me rethink wanting a RTT. i keep going back and forth on it and i already hit tree limbs on top as is. Having a RTT might just be asking for trouble

Reactions: boss324

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

@boss324 do you have any good trail recommendations? I've been driving around using all-trails app but that is about it. Would be good to go out w/ someone else
Yeah I want to head out to the lost coast up in Mendocino or head back to the Eastern Sierra's again. Or big Sur again...I am down to go anytime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

OffroadTreks

Rank IV

Advocate II

Nomad
Member #

Hey BoldAdventure, love your rig and instagram, it has inspired me to take more trips outdoors with the family. Power wagons in moab is only for power wagons? A diesel couldn't join?
We're open to anyone with a Ram truck. New and Old.

We're adding some more stuff this year. And I might be doing a mini gathering in Sept.

Reactions: crit_pw