Full-size truck from Tracy - Ca (Norcal-ish)

• HTML tutorial

crit_pw

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Silt, Colorado
Member #

Hey BoldAdventure, love your rig and instagram, it has inspired me to take more trips outdoors with the family. Power wagons in moab is only for power wagons? A diesel couldn't join?
I myself run a Power Wagon but my boy is running my old (now his) 1997 Ram 2500. Not a Power Wagon but a very capable rig and the PW group welcomed him right in and we all had a great time this year. We met some great people including BoldAdventure and his awesome family. Cant wait to do another trip with these folks again!!

Reactions: OffroadTreks

anotheraznguy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Tracy, Ca
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZN
would love to meet up in september work permitting. I don't think i've taken a day off of work in almost 6 years. I have never been to moab before but cant stop watching all the vids that are out there. Open diff and Oem Rear LSD for me

OffroadTreks

Rank IV

Advocate II

Nomad
Member #

would love to meet up in september work permitting. I don't think i've taken a day off of work in almost 6 years. I have never been to moab before but cant stop watching all the vids that are out there. Open diff and Oem Rear LSD for me
I'll keep you in the loop. Need to put it together soon. Just busy with a big build on my own truck this week. Could be a good size group if everyone who is interested could get off. 7-10 of us, lol.

I've been going to Moab a couple times a year since 2012. I'm addicted. Something magical about the place beside the fun you have wheeling. Did a lot of stuff last year with my PW stock on 33's. A lot of stuff comes down to driving skills more than your vehicle. There is an old dude that routinely does Hell's Revenge in a Ford Crown Vic.

anotheraznguy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Tracy, Ca
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZN
Yeah, i am still a novice but always willing to learn. That is sort of the reason why i also don't want to get lockers. Sometimes relying on lockers vs a proper line wont help the driver learn.

crit_pw

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Silt, Colorado
Member #

Yeah, i am still a novice but always willing to learn. That is sort of the reason why i also don't want to get lockers. Sometimes relying on lockers vs a proper line wont help the driver learn.
Then there are those of us that look for the lines that require lockers to get through...LOL

OffroadTreks

Rank IV

Advocate II

Nomad
Member #

That's a good attitude to have. You'd be amazed how many guys won't get out of their rig to solve a problem or walk a line before driving it.

Last year when I was still stock, I had two Jeep guys and a Land Cruiser in front of us use an illegal bypass to get up a pretty big ledge on Top of the World. They got hung up and it was just silly. While they're doing that, me and the wife get out and I walk the obstacle. Plan where I want my tires, and the wife spots me up. The 3 of them watched and were amazed I walked my fullsize up it. But you know, they were in front of us and all they did was drive up and say nope and go around. All they had to do was get out for a minute and think about it.

I generally want to avoid trail repairs. So I'll take the time.

That's how you drive a fullsize on stock suspension over Gold Bar Rim.

Reactions: crit_pw

anotheraznguy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Tracy, Ca
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZN
Definitely want to improve and keep learning. One thing that i have always asked about in terms of trail riding was large overhanging branches, do you guys normally clear the braches as a little bit of trail maintenance or leave it alone?

Last edited:

crit_pw

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Silt, Colorado
Member #

Definitely want to improve and keep learning. One thing that i have always asked about in terms of trail riding was large overhanging branches, do you guys normally clear the braches as a little bit of trail maintenance or leave it alone?
For me it really depends on the trail. If it is a popular and well used trail I will try to do my part in helping maintain the trail and remove a branch if it is a safety hazard. If I can get through without cutting or removing any branches then that is the route I go. If it is a much less travelled trail I will try to leave it as untouched as possible. Either way it is a case by case basis of how I will handle each one. There has been many a trail I have gone down and had to have a passenger get out and hold branches out of the way. And as always no matter the trail I haul out whatever trash I come across. Too many idiots out there that don't care and we are losing our trails one by one because they leave trash behind.

Reactions: OffroadTreks

Foras

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Bonte
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Rig: 2016 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4
Overland Experience: Novice at best

I have very little overland / offroad experience. Previously we did drifting on tracks but since starting a family of 2 young ones our love for anything with wheels has continued to something a little more family friendly. We have done a bit of off-roading but am looking for more overlanding experience and camping to bring the great outdoors to our little ones. Hopefully I can meet some new people and go on adventures with everyone.

Always down for a bit of adventure!

And now for some arbitrary pictures from one of our recent adventures. We tend to pack light as we don't want to invest in anything till we got a plan of attack.

Are you still out in tracy? I drive a 2015 Ram 2500 and live in Brentwood.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Are you still out in tracy? I drive a 2015 Ram 2500 and live in Brentwood.
You can message this member directly, that might work better.

Reactions: Foras

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

I have very little overland / offroad experience. Previously we did drifting on tracks but since starting a family of 2 young ones our love for anything with wheels has continued to something a little more family friendly. We have done a bit of off-roading but am looking for more overlanding experience and camping to bring the great outdoors to our little ones. Hopefully I can meet some new people and go on adventures with everyone.

And now for some arbitrary pictures from one of our recent adventures. We tend to pack light as we don't want to invest in anything till we got a plan of attack.

Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army

Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us.