Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Springboro, Ohio, United States
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I have fairly new Nissan Titan SV CrewCab 4x4 that is my daily driver for now (off-road the Liberty) but as we all do, I am plotting it's off-tarmac transformation. I am curious what size lifts you guys that really get dirty in them are adding. The driveway queen 6 inch lift seems way higher than I think practical for loading/unloading, getting under trees etc. A 3" lift seems more reasonable, but as I have never wheeled anything bigger than an LR3, looking for some experienced full-size overlanders to chime in. I would definitely do a proper coil over lift, not just pucks. (Hoping the aftermarket catches up here soon for other stuff like bumpers, rock sliders, etc.)

Purpose of the build would be a mix of playing in a dirt sandbox for the day to long-travel Moab type adventuring...Don't want it to be uncomfortable ride-wise or a PITA to access things, but clearance issues will need to be addressed and all sacrifices weighed...

What do you guys think?

Dirty Ape

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Springboro, Ohio, United States
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I am seeing Radflo mentioned quite a bit elsewhere as well...new to Nissan so trying to research the hell out of things so I buy once and am happy....

The other Sean

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Minneapolis
Member #

With any IFS truck, focus on adding wheel travel and not just how much lift you will get. On my frontier, I'm only lifted about 2.5" but went from the OEM front wheel travel of just over 5" to just under 10". My ride quality both off and on road was greatly improved. I went from 32's to 33's and couldn't have been happier with my choices.

I'm a pretty big fan of minimal lift and upsizing the tires "one size".

The comments of going to Nisstec for your items is a good plan.

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
I have a ‘17 F350 and am installing the Carli 2.5” Pintop System later this month. You’ll see a few informative YouTube posts, one of which compares a Super Duty and Raptor. I’m looking more for wheeling capability and ride than height. Good luck with your research.

Reactions: Dirty Ape

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
I have a ‘17 F350 and am installing the Carli 2.5” Pintop System later this month. You’ll see a few informative YouTube posts, one of which compares a Super Duty and Raptor. I’m looking more for wheeling capability and ride than height. Good luck with your research.

Attachments

Mr.Cade

Rank 0

Contributor I

US
I know roughly ZERO about Titans, but I did a 3ish" lift on my tundra recently and I love how it trails now.

Bilstein 6112's upfront on highest setting
Bilstein 5160's in the rear
17"Fuel Zephyr wheels
Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx tires 295 70 17

Highest possible recommendation, as this is also my daily city driver. 20190425_062155.jpg20190425_070350.jpg

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
I finally got my Carli lift installed, their 2.5" pintop system. This allows slightly bigger tires at some point. I did the Range Rover driving course at OE West in Flagstaff and had no issues ... though it was pretty tame. I'll take some better action shots next trail ride.

Attachments

Reactions: RoarinRow

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
This was how I packed for a recent road trip. I have a 10 gallon pressurized water tank (Roadshower.com), which I use as a kitchen. If I'm traveling solo my air mattress fits the cab floor, breaks down easy, and is super comfortable. If I'm with a group I deploy the Habitat camper. The cabinetry is a Goose Gear system with drawers, and my chuck box and fridge are both on slides. It's ~90% complete, always a work in progress ...

Attachments

Reactions: RoarinRow

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I have a 2500 Ram. I added Fox bypass shocks on the frt. and progressive spring in the rear (9 Spring) and 315/ 75/17 tires.The spring swap made a huge difference in ride and handling.It raised it 3 inches over stock. I will take it most anywhere. I dont drive it fast on dirt roads anymore, or rock crawl, I do spend a bunch of time in Baja. I have melted down shocks more than once (fast driving). Carli sugused the progressive spring pack, call them up.

Bilbo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MBN
I know roughly ZERO about Titans, but I did a 3ish" lift on my tundra recently and I love how it trails now.

Bilstein 6112's upfront on highest setting
Bilstein 5160's in the rear
17"Fuel Zephyr wheels
Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx tires 295 70 17

Highest possible recommendation, as this is also my daily city driver. View attachment 101501View attachment 101502
That is super nice looking! Which canopy did you get? what rack system are you running?

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
IMG_2444.JPG

I recently had a local Encinitas shop (SoCal Custom Audio) do custom fabrication for my truck. In the pic you can see new cabinetry at the top for loose stuff, a small rack below holding my roof rack ladder and recovery bag, and custom CNC gussets for my Roadshower unit. This all helps with organization and keeps the truck bed floor completely free for sleeping.

Last edited:

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
To the OP. Icon makes a setup for your truck. GET IT. It's more expensive, but it will provide you with the ride you want off road. Lift is not really that important for overlanding. An inch or two is all you need to fit some bigger tires. Icon's suspension systems are great for the trucks.