Rank III

Enthusiast III

Havertown, PA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Coscia
Member #

Starting Friday (Oct 16th), I'll be driving from Philadelphia to Theodore Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota. I'm looking for overnight camping/overlanding ideas in northern Indiana (I-90) and in Northwest Minnesota (I-94) between Minneapolis and Fargo.

Any suggestions or helpful links would be appreciated.

Reactions: DevilDodge

shortbus4x4

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Nice trip. Check Medora out and stop at "The Wurst Shop" in Dickinson ND for lunch. It's a German butcher shop with deli attached, awesome food. I worked in Dickinson for a year and then Williston for almost two years. Love western ND and eastern MT.

shortbus4x4

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Thanks shortbus4x4 for the tip. I'll keep a lookout for The Wurst Shop.
They used to only do lunch from 11-2 or 3 Monday through Friday and a lot of times if you were late they would be out of some of the menu items.
Dickinson also had a dinosaur museum, not sure if it will be open or not. Lots of tourist attractions like museums close down in the winter.
Which way are you heading to Flagstaff after ND?

Reactions: SteveC-Pro4X

SteveC-Pro4X

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Havertown, PA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Coscia
Member #

After ND, I'm heading to Glacier NP, then Flathead Lake, then Yellowstone NP and Grand Teton NP. Utah is next, but I haven't settled on a destination there yet. After Utah, I'll head to Flagstaff. After Flagstaff, I'll aim for the Natchez Trace Parkway in Mississippi. Told my wife I'd home around Thanksgiving.

Doc Foster

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Frederick, MD
First Name
JAY
Last Name
FOSTER